Author Topic: no traffic in KMEM  (Read 4514 times)

tombestor3@gmail.com

no traffic in KMEM
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:08 am »
i just bought KMEM and though i had problems registering it i'm in now.  however, i don't have any airplanes at the FedEx airport.  one curious thing happened bye the bye - changing the 'disable ground traffic' option in couatl ShowYou menu several times revealed the lost airplanes down a hole quickly closed by the returning tarmac.  i can't get the hole-behaviour back so i don't know whether that's where the planes actually are; but they sure aren't on the surface, nor is anything else.  it's a beautiful airport, but utterly deserted.

i have checked that Orbx vector hasn't messed with the elevation.  and i seem to have read somewhere in the forum that FSDT airports have now been insulated against errant elevations, but alas i can't remember where.  i'm lost.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

tom bestor

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: no traffic in KMEM
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 04:59:29 pm »
 What airplanes are you expecting to see at KMEM?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:50:55 pm »
The "disable ground traffic" controls only ground vehicles specific to KMEM, not AI airplanes.

i have checked that Orbx vector hasn't messed with the elevation.  and i seem to have read somewhere in the forum that FSDT airports have now been insulated against errant elevations, but alas i can't remember where.  i'm lost.

The latest GSX update will recognize altitude correction .BGLs AND allows you to override the ground altitude, in case anything might have messed up with the altitude but, this would only affect GSX vehicles and jetways.

If you suspect AI airplanes might have been gone underground, possibly because some other scenery has caused an altitude conflict, there's just nothing we can do to fix it, because AI airplanes are handled by the sim, so they are affected by every possible altitude conflict you might have so, your only option is to find the offending scenery and remove it.

FSDT KMEM, of course, has the altitude correctly set to the official published airport altitude of 103.936 mt / 341.0 ft.

hontzt

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 06:47:08 pm »
What could be the offending scenery?  I do not have other MEM scenery.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:15:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »
What could be the offending scenery?  I do not have other MEM scenery.

This thread is quite old, in the meantime GSX added an option that might fix altitude conflicts (usuall caused by OrbX), the small airplane icon on the top right of the scenery customization page.

However, that would only affect GSX vehicles and GSX jetways. Standard AI planes cannot be fixed that way so, you must find the conflicting scenery.

If you have OrbX vector, be sure you select KMEM in the AEC utility.