Author Topic: Some kind person in here? KMSP  (Read 3440 times)

wennerholm

Some kind person in here? KMSP
« on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:44 pm »
Is GSX compatible with Flight-Beam Arpt KMSP and KDEN and PMDG 747-8? If I use GSX in this conjunction, for exemplar Gate 4 at KMSP the 450 passenger loads (Dens) in 30 seconds and 58400 kg fuel loads in 5 seconds. After that the cargo staff just stand outside the cargo doors and stare. At final I close doors and operate jet way=The P3Dv4 do not "answer" and I have to shut down and reload P3D. I have try to reset the position and rebuild arpt but I get the same results as before the P3D reload. I believe you need a lot more info. Just tell me what you need.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some kind person in here? KMSP
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:26 pm »
It's not very clear if with "GSX", you mean GSX or GSX Level 2.

- If GSX Level 2 is not activated, passengers will be simulated only, so they will load very fast.

- If the scenery doesn't have SODE jetways, passengers will be simulated only, so they will load very fast.

- If the scenery has SODE jetways, but you don't dock them, passengers will be simulated only, so they will load very fast too.

The fuel is an entirely different issue. As explained in the manual, an airplane flagged to have its own custom fuel system (and all the PMDG airplanes are), is NOT refueled by GSX. Please look the manual, which has a complete sequence of operation when using such airplanes. The example is made with the PMDG 777, but should be valid for the 747-8 as well.

efpg0708

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 05:35:30 am »
Hi Umberto

I’m sad to hear this, because the original GSX boarded and deboarded passangers depending on the load regardless if the parking had a sode or moving jetway (I’m talking about boarding time). This meant that GSX was perfect for every addon airport. There are many addons that feature static jetways, so now boarding and deboarding at them is very unrealistic, as it happens very fast. Would it be possible to change this so GSX can estimate the boarding/deboarding times for these airports ?

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:46 pm »
I’m sad to hear this, because the original GSX boarded and deboarded passangers depending on the load regardless if the parking had a sode or moving jetway (I’m talking about boarding time).

Nothing has changed in this version. It's still exactly like it was before.

now boarding and deboarding at them is very unrealistic, as it happens very fast. Would it be possible to change this so GSX can estimate the boarding/deboarding times for these airports ?

As I've said, nothing has changed. What's happening instead, is that you probably *changed* the default timings to make them slower, then you might have reinstalled GSX from scratch, so your custom settings were lost, and GSX reverted to its defaults.

If GSX Level 2 is activated, the timings page has been changed, since it would be confusing for users having timings that (on a PROPER scenery with SODE jetways, either supplied by the scenery or by GSX) wouldn't do anything.

But at those lesser airports, that for some reasons cannot be updated to SODE jetways, the timings of the "old" version are STILL used, just you cannot change them from the normal user interface, but they are still accessible by editing this file:

%APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\Couatladdons.ini

the two main parameters are:

boarding_time_factor
deboarding_time_factor

efpg0708

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:01:54 pm »
Hi Umberto

So, regardless of the values I enter, boarding and deboarding are happening in 5 minutes. Even the boarding sounds are very accelerated. As I said, I have the density set at normal, so what could be happening ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:58:54 pm »
So, regardless of the values I enter, boarding and deboarding are happening in 5 minutes.

Have you restarted Couatl or the sim after changing the parameter ?

As I said, I have the density set at normal, so what could be happening ?

The passenger density would have an effect on the boarding time only if there are passengers to be seen. Otherwise, the old method is used.

efpg0708

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 05:35:06 pm »
Hi Umberto

It seems that I’m a little confused about when pax are simulared or not.

. When parking has a SODE or docking jetway: PAX simulated , controlled by density setting.

. Parking has no jetway: PAX simulated, controlled by density. However, boarding/deboarding happens much faster than when there is a docking jetway. Is this intentional or a bug ?

. Parking has static  jetways: PAX not simulated, controlled by the entries you mentioned.

Is this correct ?

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 02:32:10 pm »
. When parking has a SODE or docking jetway: PAX simulated , controlled by density setting.

Not sure what do you mean with "a SODE or docking jetway". It's just one type and it's either SODE or not. If it's not, passengers won't show. If it's SODE, but is not docked, passengers won't show either.

. Parking has no jetway: PAX simulated, controlled by density.

Nope. There should be a bus + stairs in that case. If both are there, passengers will show, otherwise if just one is missing, they won't. The bus will appear unless it has been explicitly disabled in the airport customization, and stairs will appear of the airplane configuration is correct.

Parking has static  jetways: PAX not simulated, controlled by the entries you mentioned.

If a parking has static jetways, GSX will assume it's a parking in the open, so it will try to call a bus+stairs so, see above.

efpg0708

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 03:24:43 am »
Ok ... so when will GSX use the timings set in the coultaddon file ?

Don’t get me wrong, but GSX (version 1) worked much better for me, so I really want the program to use those timings everytime.

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 02:17:30 pm »
Ok ... so when will GSX use the timings set in the coultaddon file ?

When there are no passengers.

Don’t get me wrong, but GSX (version 1) worked much better for me

GSX Level 2 will work exactly the same as before, if there are no passengers.

so I really want the program to use those timings everytime.

You cannot use them "everytime". You can use them only when there are no passengers. If there are passengers to be seen, the boarding time will be controlled by their density, and their number.