Author Topic: Parking Position / Stop Position with different sized Airplanes  (Read 1656 times)

StefanA

Parking Position / Stop Position with different sized Airplanes
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:10:12 am »
Hello together,

tried to position a PMDG B747-400 at gates of TNCM. After adjusting in a suitable distance to the building on second marking of yellow line, I tested what happens id a PMDG B737-800 or Level-D B767-300 is taxiing into this gate. Unfortunately both are too far away from last yellow parking marker. Tried with different parking positions and stop positions but with less success.

How is it possible to decrease the distance between large and smaller airplanes?

Regards,
Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Position / Stop Position with different sized Airplanes
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:08:26 pm »
I suggest first reading the chapter named "Understanding the Stop Position" at Page 39 of the GSX manual. And, have a look at this post, which tries to clarify the issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19471.msg134998.html#msg134998

StefanA

Re: Parking Position / Stop Position with different sized Airplanes
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:06:08 pm »
SOLVED!

It was not setting the wrong parking or stop position.

Looking into some INI files I found the responsible setting for GSX airplane configurations. For B767-300 and B737-800 the preferredexit is set to "0", which means the first exit. For B747-400 it was "1", which means 2nd exit! Changing it to "0" for the first exit results in a huge reduction of distance between preferred door and front wheel and a smaller addition for the other planes. Now it's suitable with the parking/stop positions.

Perhaps it's a good idea to put it into an solution article or FAQ for example.