Author Topic: "Cannot set allocations" error ; Cloud9 .gau files  (Read 5221 times)

jetfixer

"Cannot set allocations" error ; Cloud9 .gau files
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:43:28 pm »
Good day;

I have f-104, F-4 and MB339 for fs9 ; up until the April 2018 Windows 10 update ; all had been running well with no problems.
Since the update ; I can no longer 'load' these three in Fs9 ; I am presented with 2 looping message boxes; first box
just says

"error cannot set allocations" ;

cancelling this box then another box appears saying  

"flight simulator was unable to load some software or aircraft, you can still run flight simulator but the file F4.gau/MB339.gau/F104.gau will be disabled"

cancel this box and it goes back to

"error cannot set allocations"

I have re-installed latest add-on manager; no fix; disabled some of Windows defender DEP ; no fix
Re-activated all 3 from stored reg keys ; no fix.

Any Ideas?

I know Microsoft have been deliberately 'breaking' DRM (digital rights management) software to 'improve' windows security

Thanks

Pete

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:10:34 pm by jetfixer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Cannot set allocations" error ; Cloud9 .gau files
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:42:20 pm »
Have you installed the latest Addon Manager for FS9 ?

jetfixer

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:50:30 pm »

Yes, Add-on manager downloaded and installed on 30th October , so is latest (unless you have made changes already)

Anti-virus is disabled and Windows user Account 'OFF' while running installer.

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »
If you have installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, and still doesn't work, I'm afraid you don't have any other options than rollback the latest Windows update.

The issue is, nobody at FSDT still use FS9 or has FS9 installed anymore, since we stopped supporting it in 2011 ( 7 years ago ), it's nice the software worked so far in Windows 10, but we cannot possibly still support it with every future OS release anymore.

I cannot even install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 10 (starting from build 1703), so I can't even load the source code of the FS9 software, and I don't even have any PC left with a DVD reader to install FS9 itself.

*Maybe* you could try Virtualization, and run FS9 under a virtualized Windows 7, using Microsoft's own Hyper-V, Oracle's Virtual Box and WMWare Workstation Player.