Author Topic: Possible to edit KMEM ADE?  (Read 3339 times)

TNTom

Possible to edit KMEM ADE?
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:32 pm »
I was wondering if its possible to edit the ADE to reflect the recent closure of concourse B for construction. I've tried to do small edits, such as changing gate assignments, but my saved project and compiled airport tun up missing every time. I can't find my edits anywhere. I have experience with ADE and have done several edits on other stock and payware airports with no problems. KMEM just seems to not want me to edit anything. Everything reverts back to the ADE that came with the add on. 

Am I doing something wrong? It seems like I have edited this before but updated later and now I can't edit anything. All my other payware edits have been within the FSX folders but KMEM is not. In fact its not even on the same drive. Could this be the problem?

Thanks,
Tom

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Possible to edit KMEM ADE?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:52:53 am »
 It's not the FSDT KMEM file that isn't letting you save your work, it's ADE. Where are you trying to save/compile your work to? Do you run ADE as admin?

TNTom

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 02:04:19 pm »
I do run it as administrator, and I've tried saving it to the FSX Projects folder by default, and also directly to the scenery folder of KMEM with my initials as part of the file name.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:35:51 pm »
also directly to the scenery folder of KMEM with my initials as part of the file name.

That's the mistake. If you create an AFCAD with a new name, it will entirely mess up everything because:

- the GSX customization we made for the scenery will be disabled, causing lots of problems.

- if you don't remove the original AFCAD that came with the scenery, you create a duplicate, which will further mess up the whole scenery again.

So, if you really want to change the AFCAD, use the SAME name as the FSDT one, and overwrite it so, you are 100% sure no duplicates exists.