Author Topic: New Update Broke KLAS **SOLVED**  (Read 5023 times)

Ross G

New Update Broke KLAS **SOLVED**
« on: October 29, 2018, 01:41:27 am »
Hi Umberto;

Long time customer. I had to make a new profile as I don't have access to the email on the old one.

Problem with the new KLAS update. When I installed it last night it broke all my registrations for my FSDT airports. Had to reinstall all of them but now have a problem with KLAS. The elevation is not correct. I never had to deactivate KLAS in ORBX Vector before but did this time. Airport now looks flat but I have no runway markings or lights anymore. Enclosed you will find a picture with KLAS activated in ORBX and 1 without. Any idea what is going on? I do use the alternate BGL for ORBX.

With ORBX Elevation Deactivated.
https://i.imgur.com/QjFLiYB.jpg

With ORBX Activated,
https://i.imgur.com/2ZhjfgT.jpg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:49:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Update Broke KLAS
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:04:31 pm »
Problem with the new KLAS update. When I installed it last night it broke all my registrations for my FSDT airports.

It's not possible that changing the AFCAD to update the ILS frequency and a single runway texture for the markings would cause problems to other products, because this is what we changed in this update, nothing else.

Without any further details about how old was your existing installation was, and the rest of your configuration, it's impossible to know what the problem is in your case because, maybe it was some time since the last update so, you got several other previous updates you missed, in addition to the KLAS update.

Since several months (when we first added SODE jetways), KLAS requires GSX so, be sure you install it and it's working correctly. Best to install the latest version.

Had to reinstall all of them but now have a problem with KLAS. The elevation is not correct. I never had to deactivate KLAS in ORBX Vector before but did this time.

The elevation is surely caused by OrbX. Not necessarily Vector, but more likely the SO-Cal scenery, which is known to cause elevation problems to KLAS, unless you install the fix on their forum.

Ross G

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 08:06:24 pm »
1. My install of KLAS was only 2 months old as I had just done a rebuild.
2. I run FSDT Live Update weekly or when ever prompted.
3. I have had GSX since it came out and it was working fine.

The only thing I have added recently is Chris Bell Black Marble base and Black Marble Vector. I will deactivate these and see if it changes KLAS. Never had a problem with it until recently.

4. I do have the ORBX fix installed and have had since it was released.

I just found it odd that I ran the FSDT Live Update right after you posted the new update for KLAS and all this seemed to happen when everything was running appropriately before the update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
3. I have had GSX since it came out and it was working fine.

But do you have the current version and is still working now ?

Ross G

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:23:58 pm »
Just so you know I fired up P3DV4 today to work on the problem and it seems to have fixed itself KLAS now looks ok. It is the strangest thing but I am putting it off as just another weird querk of flightsim as we all see at times. Yes, my GSX is the newest one for download on the site. I downloaded all new installers before I reinstalled.  :)

You can now consider this closed and thanks for the help Umberto. You rock as always sir.   :)

Ross G.

Ross G

Re: New Update Broke KLAS **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 11:45:46 pm »
Never mind. Just loaded it again and runway numbers and taxiway textures are gone again. I give up.   :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:48 pm »
It's likely you restart the sim too quickly after having closed it, not allowing enough time for it to close all executables. This might take several seconds more *after* the simulator icon has disappeared from the taskbar.

A Windows restart will surely fix this.

Ross G

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 08:48:33 pm »
Ya, I am aware that P3D takes a minute or 2 before it clears out of the task list. I always give it time to close properly. am still trying to track down exactly what the problem is. Hopefully if I find something of value to others I can pass it along.  :)

Ross G.

Ross G

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:12:21 pm »
Ok, I think I have it fixed now. Turns out Holger had released a new Compatibility BGL last year that I did not know about. I also now have to deactivate KLAS in the ORBX vector tool. I am keeping my fingers crossed this is the final solution. Thanks for the help Umberto.