Author Topic: Missing jetways  (Read 5818 times)

Cfoley

Missing jetways
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:04:30 pm »
Recently I did a live GSX install update, but now the jetways are missing at FSDT KJFX and KDFW.  When this happened to me in the past,  it was caused by "AES Basepack" and I disabled the file and fixed the problem.  But now I can't seem to get the jetways to appear at all.  I also selected Couatl restart, and Rebuild Airport cache with no results.  I also reinstalled KJFK, twice, but did not fix the problem.   I don't know what else to try.  I have not added any new software to FSX or made any adjustments to my FSX settings, just the GSX update.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:09:30 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:16:30 pm »
Recently I did a live GSX install update, but now the jetways are missing at FSDT KJFX

This has been discussed and answered in this same section, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18854.0.html

and KDFW.  When this happened to me in the past,  it was caused by "AES Basepack" and I disabled the file and fixed the problem.

KDFW must be something else (like a scenery in conflict, or an AES issue), because we still haven't updated KDFW to use SODE jetways.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:27:09 pm »
But that post is if I did any "customizations", which I haven't done.  Also,  I can't find this %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX file.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:34:09 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:28 pm »
But that post is if I did any "customizations", which I haven't done.

Have you *checked* the suggested folder for such .INI files ? They are created when you change anything, like a parking radius. That still counts as a "customization".

Other than that, the only possible reason of missing jetways at JFK, is that you haven't installed the latest GSX Full installer (the one that comes with Level 2 features), because you must have ignored the prompt from Live Update to do that.

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 11:35:23 pm »
I can't find the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX file.    I also did the "GSX Full Installer" before installing KJFK again when I noticed the jetways were missing.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:39:24 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:40:02 pm »
I can't find the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX file.

Do you mean you cannot find the whole %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX FOLDER (it is a folder, not a file), or you do you mean you cannot find a file that looks like it might belong to JFK *inside* that folder ?

I also did the "GSX Full Installer"

Check the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX in airport customization page. If it's not the correct one, because you have a conflicting scenery, jetways won't appear either.

Cfoley

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:46:04 pm »
I found find the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX FOLDER.  But does not make any sense to me.  I am not familiar with trouble shooting these things.  How do I find this
"AFCAD" and a "name"?   Would it help if I uninstalled GSX and KJFK and reinstalled?

Cfoley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:53:21 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 11:54:31 pm »
I cannot find the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX FOLDER.

What are you doing to "find it" ? You cannot search for this folder. The only way to open it, is to type exactly THIS:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

Into either the blank area in a File Explorer window, then press ENTER or, after pressing the "Windows" key on the keyboard, start typing %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX and press ENTER

The right folder should open. If it doesn't, and you really did exactly what I said correctly, then perhaps you really don't have such folder, which is normal if you never made ANY change to the GSX customization page, ever, on any scenery.

How do I find this  "AFCAD" and a "name"?

Just try to re-read my previous explanation more carefully, which gave you the precise directions to do that. I'll copy it again here:

Check the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX in airport customization page. The page which can be accessed from the GSX menu, it will list the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the top lines. It's supposed to be the one in the Fsdreamteam\KJFK\Scenery folder. If it's not, you DO have a conflicting scenery.

That same page will also tell you if you DO have an .INI file under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

Cfoley

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:04:11 am »
I am afraid this is getting over my head.  I can't seem to find these things.  Here is a screen shot of the airport customization.  I don't see a "AFCAD. I selected the wingspan icon and it brought one gate, but not attached to the terminal.   Should I uninstall KJFK and GSX and reinstall to see if that fixes the jetway problem?

I uninstalled KJFK from FSX and reinstalled, plus reinstalled GSX, but no change.  I thought I would give it a try.

Note:  My FSDreamteam/KJFK/Scenery folder is empty, even though I downloaded the airport.

I found the APPDATA\Virtuali\GSX/KJFK folder.   Attached is a screen shot of what the top half looks like.  It is very long.

I still cannot find any .INI file under APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, just what is in the images below.

UPDATE:  I found a post where someone said they deleted the KJFK file in the \AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX/folder, which I deleted and the jetways are now back.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:30:17 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 02:21:23 pm »
I found the APPDATA\Virtuali\GSX/KJFK folder.   Attached is a screen shot of what the top half looks like.  It is very long.

I still cannot find any .INI file under APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, just what is in the images below.

UPDATE:  I found a post where someone said they deleted the KJFK file in the \AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX/folder, which I deleted and the jetways are now back.

Sure they are. That's exactly the same path you would open, if you just typed APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX in a File Explorer window. %APPDATA% it's a shortcut that works on every system for is usually C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming.

%APPDATA% it's the SAME as saying C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming