Author Topic: KLAS fix posted today  (Read 5994 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KLAS fix posted today
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:29 pm »
Hello,

we posted today a small update for KLAS, which fixes the following:

- Some ground markings were still referring to the old 7/25 runways, now shows the correct numbers

- ILS for Rwy 26L (I-RLE) changed to 111.5

- Tower view matching the new higher Control Tower.

Just run the FSDT Live Update to get the updated files.

bradl

Re: KLAS fix posted today
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:20 am »
Hello,

we posted today a small update for KLAS, which fixes the following:

- Some ground markings were still referring to the old 7/25 runways, now shows the correct numbers

- ILS for Rwy 26L (I-RLE) changed to 111.5

- Tower view matching the new higher Control Tower.

Just run the FSDT Live Update to get the updated files.

Thanks for this, Umberto! Grabbing this now, and thanks to the developer who took the time off of KORD to push out this fix!

BL.

bradl

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 04:29:30 am »

Unfortunately, this broke the bulk of the scenery. The runway markings look great. ILS frequency is right as well...

Buildings on the other hand, are gone. This is what I show, and this is all straight P3D and FSDT. KLAS is at the top of my scenery, and I don't own anything ORBX.

Ran the updater a couple of times to make sure that everything was okay. AV disabled the entire time.

Any suggestions?

BL.

Er!k

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:57:29 am »
Many thanks Umberto for keeping KLAS up-to-date!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »
Buildings on the other hand, are gone. This is what I show, and this is all straight P3D and FSDT. KLAS is at the top of my scenery, and I don't own anything ORBX.

It's not possible that changing the AFCAD to update the ILS frequency and a single runway texture for the markings would cause missing buildings.

Without any further details about how old was your existing installation was, and the rest of your configuration, it's impossible to know what the problem is in your case.

Since several months (when we first added SODE jetways), KLAS requires GSX so, be sure you install it and it's working correctly. Best to install the latest version.

As explained so many times on the forum, the correct procedure in relation to the antivirus is NOT to "disable" it. Instead, you must be sure the Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

bradl

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:03 pm »

It's not possible that changing the AFCAD to update the ILS frequency and a single runway texture for the markings would cause missing buildings.

Without any further details about how old was your existing installation was, and the rest of your configuration, it's impossible to know what the problem is in your case.

Since several months (when we first added SODE jetways), KLAS requires GSX so, be sure you install it and it's working correctly. Best to install the latest version.

Already had GSX installed, but updated to the newest version to see if that may be the problem. In fact, the Live Update wouldn't run until the latest GSX was installed. So I did that, same problem.

As explained so many times on the forum, the correct procedure in relation to the antivirus is NOT to "disable" it. Instead, you must be sure the Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

Did that as well. Tried it, and got the same result. However, I did notice one thing. When KLAS was originally released, the minimum requirement for it was P3D v4.0, which is what I had. Now, while I assume it is because of GSX and the later releases, v4.0 is outdated. I'm in the middle of a complete reinstall with P3D v4.3, and will see how that runs. Thankfully, the only addons I had were KLAS and KLAX, which I already had the registration keys and serial numbers backed up, so I really haven't lost anything. I'll report back when I'm done.

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 09:02:06 pm »
Did that as well. Tried it, and got the same result. However, I did notice one thing. When KLAS was originally released, the minimum requirement for it was P3D v4.0, which is what I had. Now, while I assume it is because of GSX and the later releases, v4.0 is outdated.

Yes, we require at least 4.1, since the March 2018 Update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

March 30th 2018

Note to P3D4.0 users: this update requires at least Prepar3D 4.1, it won't work on 4.0 due to different SDK used.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:10:16 pm by virtuali »

bradl

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 09:58:23 pm »
Yep, that's what did it. Clean install of everything, including downloading P3D v4.3, with just KLAS and GSX installed, and all works. Just added back in KLAX, KDFW, and CYVR, and all is well again.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:10:05 pm by virtuali »

dbw

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 06:12:12 am »
Pardon the question if it’s obvious....but what is GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 12:29:38 am »
Pardon the question if it’s obvious....but what is GSX?

It's our most popular product, which adds several ground services. The latest version provides jetways, and KLAS (and many of our sceneries too) requires it for jetways to show.

It's entirely free to use, with no limitations, at all our airports so, you can consider it as a mandatory download for almost all our products.

It must be installed only once, then it's kept updated by our Live Updater so, in the end, even if you must download 1.0GB now, you do it only once, and this allowed the installers for all our sceneries to be smaller compared to other similarly sized airports, since we don't duplicate all models and textures that come with GSX.