Author Topic: GSX menu  (Read 2263 times)

2thdoc

GSX menu
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:08:04 am »
GSX menu will not open at FlyTampa KMDW for fsx.  I haven’t tried all of my 3rd party airports yet, but did notice it won’t open at KMDW.  I can go to other random default and payware airports and then the menu will open.  Also, if I try to restart couatl from the drop down menu, a lot of times it and  GSX will disappear from the dropdown menu which then requires a windows restart to have it and GSX work again.  Restarting just FSX doesn’t bring it back.  I also usually get the antivirus message stating couatl can’t start because AV software, but I also have it turned off and have also put the addon manager and gsx folders as exceptions in my AV list anyway even though it’s off, but couatl and gsx seems very buggy and unstable most of the time.  I’ve unistalled and reinstalled several times, even with AV software turned off.  Any advice is appreciated so I can try to get it working everywhere and so I won’t feel like I wasted $34.00 on a buggy addon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:55:26 am »
GSX menu will not open at FlyTampa KMDW for fsx.  I haven’t tried all of my 3rd party airports yet, but did notice it won’t open at KMDW.  I can go to other random default and payware airports and then the menu will open.

Check the name of the AFCAD GSX has loaded at KMDW in the "customize parking position"

Also, if I try to restart couatl from the drop down menu, a lot of times it and  GSX will disappear from the dropdown menu which then requires a windows restart to have it and GSX work again.

This is likely because you restarted FSX too quickly after the last session, not allowing all the started executables enough time to close. Try this:

- Open the GSX Control Panel while FSX is running.

- Look at the Compile button, which will read "Wait to close sim...." if FSX is running.

- Close FSX, and keep looking at the button.

- Notice how much it takes for the button to activate and read "Compile"

You'll notice the button will reactivate well after the FSX icon has disappeared from the Taskbar. THIS is when it's SAFE to restart FSX. The GSX Control Panel ask Windows itself, so it's 100% accurate.

If you don't wait the same time when you restart FSX, you are going to get problems with some addons not starting again.

2thdoc

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 03:04:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  What will just looking at the customize parking afcad name at FlyTampa KMDW do about the menu not showing up?  Also, you didn’t address the point on couatl and GSX disappearing from the dropdown menu when selecting “restart couatl”.  It never shows back up on the dropdown list and after a few minutes I get the error message stating couatl can’t be restarted due to antivirus and make sure to add exclusions in antivirus, which then requires restarting FSX.  BTW, I have done all the exclusions and I also turn off the antivirus and I will still get that message.  I will look at the GSX controll panel next time when shutting down FSX to see how long it takes to shut down gsx from the background.
FWIW, my specs:
Win7
FSX SP2
prosim737
UltimateTerrain
groundenvironmentx
ultimatetrafficlive
activesky next
multiple 3rd party airports
worldwideairportsHD
default 737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:24:00 am »
Thanks for the reply.  What will just looking at the customize parking afcad name at FlyTampa KMDW do about the menu not showing up? 

Nothing, it should work.

Also, you didn’t address the point on couatl and GSX disappearing from the dropdown menu when selecting “restart couatl”. 

Because it doesn't normally happen so, it must be something specific to your system. With so many addons modules you use, it's possible some of them is causing some kind of conflict which is preventing a restarts.

The first test would be disabling all your addon modules temporarily, and see if you can restart Couatl without them. If you do, it means one of them is causing a conflict so, you'll have to enabled them, one by one, until you find which is the one causing it.

It never shows back up on the dropdown list and after a few minutes I get the error message stating couatl can’t be restarted due to antivirus

It's not supposed to show again in the same session. That's why the message says to restart the sim, which is the only thing that can bring it back.

Provided, of course, you wait the correct time before starting again the sim, as I explained in my last post.