Author Topic: GSX / Jetways error messages  (Read 2206 times)

elsmoko

GSX / Jetways error messages
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:17:23 am »
To all,
I own Flightbeam KDEN and QW B757 and as far as COUATL is concerned, that's all I own.
Yesterday I updated Couatl as prompted.
Now,  when I start FSX I receive GSX error messages (images attached).
I have never owned GSX or the associated Jetways and do not desire
to purchase them at this time.
What must be done to stop the error messages ?
Update >> The Virtuali Applet on the Pull Down menu in FSX informs me that I have the Trial Version of GSX installed and the Trial version
of F-18 installed, and a few other "Trials";  but (to my knowledge) I've never installed them.  And,  if these "Trials" are installed,
I have not been able to determine how to uninstall them. There are actually ~5 add-ons that are "In Trial Mode".  How did they get there and how
do I uninstall them or deactivate "Trial" mode ?   >> Some sample (example) screen caps attached...
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

My Specs > Win 7-64, FSX Acceleration
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:47:59 am by elsmoko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX / Jetways error messages
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:02:41 am »
The products in Trial are not a problem. "Installed" here means "Installed in the Scenery Library" so, products that are not sceneries (GSX, XPOI and the F18 radar) will just show "In Trial", if they are not registered.

Your problem and the error message are simply caused by an antivirus or a firewall that has blocked some of the files to be downloaded.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder

- Be sure you don't have a firewall that might prevent the FSDT Live Update to download files

- Do the FSDT Live Update again.

Since you have the QW757, you should remind you should never install it after an updated Addon Manager, because its installer is old and not update, so it will "downgrade" every FSDT installation, causing all sort of problems.

If you need to reinstall the QW757 for any reason, ALWAYS reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (or the latest GSX) AFTER the QW757.

elsmoko

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:36:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,
  Thank you for the info about the "Trial" option. What is XPOI ?
  I don't use anti virus or firewall on my FSX PC.  I have done the live update 3 times (same results).
Also downloaded the stand alone and ran it twice from the desktop (same results).  Also took all the
addon manager lines out of FSX.cfg and let it rebuild (didn't help).
Ken

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:13:12 am »
  I don't use anti virus or firewall on my FSX PC.  I have done the live update 3 times (same results).

If with "same results", you mean you still have that error message you posted in your first post, then I'm sorry, but the only possible reason is that something is preventing the Live Update to update.

You say you don't have an antivirus or a firewall. Are you SURE ? Not even the default Windows Defender and default Windows firewall ? If this is the case, then you cannot discount the chance what is preventing the Live Update could even be a *REAL* virus instead.

elsmoko

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 09:30:43 pm »
Umberto,
  I do frequent "spot scans" with Malwarebytes and Spybot for viruses.  Firewall is disabled.  My other program updates and PC in general are
behaving normally.  Not likely I have any kind of malware now.  Everything worked fine until I answered the prompt to update COUATL.
Now I am getting the two GSX related error messages as my GSX aircraft (any aircraft) load.  I don't (and never have had) GSX installed.
  I've attached a few screen caps to illustrate some of my PC settings.  I keep the vast majority of programs that like to Start Up with
Windows disabled from starting on my FSX PC.
  Any other ideas for a fix would be appreciated.
Ken    

UPDATE:  I just uninstalled QW B757,  Flightbeam KDEN and all the associated "Add On" managers.  Also uninstalled Virtuali (Stand Alone?) Add On Manager.
 I then tested FSX and received no GSX error messages while the FSX (default) flight was loading.    So, I shut down FSX  and now will proceed as
carefully as possible to reinstall QW B757, then FB KDEN.  Hopefully these two add-ons will properly install any support progs'  necessary (addon mgrs., etc).
Not sure what to do about the Virtuali Add On Manager (if anything).  Of course, I'll be conducting an FSX test FRIGHT each significant step of the way.
  BYW, FYI > I was prompted during the uninstallation of both 757 and KDEN regarding whether (or not) to uninstall an addon manager.  I selected yes
(both times).  Then interestingly, I noticed that the Virtuali Add On manager was still listed in my Control Panel "Add and Remove Programs" list.  So I uninstalled
it also (separately).

I'll follow up after the dust settles here.
Best to all,
Ken
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:11:19 am by elsmoko »

elsmoko

Re: GSX / Jetways error messages > Followup
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 07:17:49 am »
Exactly as detailed in previous msg > Reinstalled QW B757 and FB KDEN (in that order).  No more error messages while FSX AC are loading.  I have
not (re)installed the stand alone "Addon Manager".  Is it necessary ?  I tremble at the thought ~:)
How can I prevent the COUATL Addon Manager from prompting me to "Update" it.  I do not like it popping up during my FSX sessions.
Thank you,
Ken

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX / Jetways error messages > Followup
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 11:04:59 am »
Exactly as detailed in previous msg > Reinstalled QW B757 and FB KDEN (in that order).  No more error messages while FSX AC are loading.  I have not (re)installed the stand alone "Addon Manager".  Is it necessary ?

It's necessary for everything made by us, such as GSX and all our sceneries.

How can I prevent the COUATL Addon Manager from prompting me to "Update" it.  I do not like it popping up during my FSX sessions.

In the Live Update menu there's a Disable option.