Author Topic: KMEM Crashes FSX-SE After Session Begins  (Read 3713 times)

F4RIO

KMEM Crashes FSX-SE After Session Begins
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:18:46 am »
I am running FSX-SE with Windows 10.

I posted elsewhere about a total failure of all my various FSDT scenery (failure to load / loading VERY slowly / FSX crashes). I received some assistance which ceased, I think, because another forum member posted on my thread that his problem was solved. Mine was not, and I asked for further assistance, but I have received no further contact for days. So I proceeded as follows.

I uninstalled all FSDT software. I then download the latest version and (re)installed KMEM. During installation, I received the "you need to install GSX" message. Download the latest version of GSX (which apparently includes the Level 2 Extension) and installed it. All installations appeared to be normal.

I then ran FSX-SE, selected a default a/c @ KMEM (the scenery listing showed FSDT KMEM installed and active) and started the session. It took 25 seconds for the scenery to load. I was then able to check and see that according to the addon manager, KMEM was active.

I quit FSX-SE, rebooted and loaded the PMDG 737 @ KMEM. The scenery started to load (slowly), and then FSX-SE crashed.

These are essentially the same types of problems I was having before uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really prefer not to abandon my investment in FSDT.

Thank you.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: KMEM Crashes FSX-SE After Session Begins
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 04:03:05 am »
 I take it you have tried loading at other airports with the NGX or at KMEM without the NGX without issues?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:57:51 am »
I then ran FSX-SE, selected a default a/c @ KMEM (the scenery listing showed FSDT KMEM installed and active) and started the session. It took 25 seconds for the scenery to load. I was then able to check and see that according to the addon manager, KMEM was active.

I quit FSX-SE, rebooted and loaded the PMDG 737 @ KMEM. The scenery started to load (slowly), and then FSX-SE crashed.

You don't say if your first load was with the PMDG 737 too, so it's not easy to understand if your problem was the PMDG 737, or it was the 2nd start after a reboot.

F4RIO

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:51 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for responding. Regarding your comment: please note that in the 4th paragraph of my initial post I said I loaded an FSX-SE default a/c (specifically the Cessna 172).

These crashes occur regardless of a/c. I just loaded the default C172 @ KMEM this morning. After 25 seconds of the KMEM scenery objects slowly appearing on the screen, the sim crashed.

This happens regardless of a/c and regardless of whether I try to depart from KMEM, or as I make an approach to KMEM from another airport. These symptoms also occur with other FSDT airports, although currently I have only KMEM installed.

Ask all the clarifying questions you need to.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:15:13 am »
Have you added some tweaks to you FSX.CFG ? If yes, remove them all, by removing the FSX.CFG file, so FSX will create a new one, then reinstall KMEM.

Also, you say you only have KMEM installed. You need GSX too, all our recent sceneries requires GSX.

F4RIO

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:08:46 pm »
Umberto,

As to your second comment, I quote from my post above

"I uninstalled all FSDT software. I then download the latest version and (re)installed KMEM. During installation, I received the "you need to install GSX" message. Download the latest version of GSX (which apparently includes the Level 2 Extension) and installed it. All installations appeared to be normal."

So yes, I have GSX installed.

As to your first comment: I'm not sure what you mean by "have I added some tweaks" to fsx.cfg. I sure that some of my add-ons have made changes to fsx.cfg, but I have never made any changes myself.

If I force FSX to recreate the fsx.cfg, it will disable some of my other addons, so I'm not sure I want to do this.

I will proceed as follows:

1. Uninstall KMEM, GSX, and the FSDT Addon Folder.
2. Force FSX to rebuild fsx.cfg.
3. Reinstall KMEM and GSX and see if the problems go away.

Is this what you want me to do?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 09:26:21 pm »
Is this what you want me to do?

Basically, yes. But the thing that matters, is that you remove the FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings, then you must reinstall any FSDT product (KMEM or GSX or both, doesn't matter), just so the installer can add a line to find the FSDT objects in their own folder, which would disappear after resetting the FSX.CFG file.