Author Topic: GSX lev 2 and P3D V4.3 boarding random **SOLVED**  (Read 3080 times)

MARENOSTRUM

GSX lev 2 and P3D V4.3 boarding random **SOLVED**
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:38:53 am »
Good morning,

After the first installation, boarding worked.

After some flights boarding stopped to work (below the sequence to describe the issue)
I can open GSX menu;
- ask for the jetway.
- when it is connected I ask for boarding and the menu becomes "BOARDING REQUESTED" but it does not start (cars and stairs do not move).

I fully reinstalled GSX over the previous installation. And the boarding WORKED again.

After one flight boarding stopped to work again.

It seems there is something that does not allow the boarding sequence (nor the push back).

Am I missing something?
Thank you

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:57:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX lev 2 and P3D V4.3 boarding random
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 10:03:27 am »
It's not possible that reinstalling would change this. Or, more precisely, it's entirely useless.

Check if it works if you choose "Couatl restart".

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 03:48:11 pm »
I did it many times before reinstalling. Did not solve the issue.

If it helps I have noticed this sequence:
- I can connect the jetway
- then I ask for boarding...the menu changes in BOARDING REQUESTED
- I have the "C" letter assigned to pop on/off the FS2CREW 64bit NGX Panel
- when GSX stops working (no boarding) also the C letter does stop to work (but I can still communicate with my copilot in FS2crew)
- If I reset GSX and ask for the pushback...do it...and complete the sequence...and the cart disappear after the gear disconnection
- THEN MY C LETTER STARTS WORKING AGAIN AND POPS UP FS2CREW PANEL

I do not know why...but there is a correlation between the behaviour of the GSX not working and the C letter to pop up the FS2crew panel.

It seems that when GSX has finished its job of pushaback...FS2crew panel starts again to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:53:18 am »
I do not know why...but there is a correlation between the behaviour of the GSX not working and the C letter to pop up the FS2crew panel.

The first obvious test to do would be trying to disable Fs2crew and see if it makes any difference.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 12:52:32 pm »
no difference.
I confirm it is random.
And when it happens it affects FS2crew...not the contrary.
If I restart coutal...FS2crew is usable again.

I did test in ORBX scenery and in default scenery.

same behaviour. does not work.
Sometimes, if I do a sequence of refuelling first...I am ble to borad...other times also following this sequence...boarding does not work

It is strange. ...is there any log I can send generated when I have the issue to send youo?

thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »
I'm sorry, but you are the first ever reporting this. Try with a default airplane and NO other addons enabled, and list the precise steps to reproduce it.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:19 pm »
Before listing it...I would try a complete uninstall and install it again.

May you tell me if and where are files/directory that have to be deleted in addition to the standard uninstalling procedure?
Including instructions inside P3D V4 in the xlm, dll files o others to get a complete unpresence of GSX in my computer.

Then I will try to install it again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:32:45 am »
May you tell me if and where are files/directory that have to be deleted in addition to the standard uninstalling procedure? Including instructions inside P3D V4 in the xlm, dll files o others to get a complete unpresence of GSX in my computer.

If you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", it will entirely remove the software. The only thing that will not remove, are your own customization files for airports and airplanes, located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

So, you should decide, depending how many customizations you made, if you want to remove that folder too. Or, possibly, make a backup of it, first.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 05:53:17 pm »
SOLVED.
After the installation of P3D V4 I had the text window uncheck in the information section.
And in GSX I had the "estimate passengers number" unchecked.

Each time I asked to board...GSX probably asked me a number that I could not see.

I did both tests: with estimate passengers ON ad OFF (and the text info checked).

It works perfectly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 10:58:36 am »
SOLVED. After the installation of P3D V4 I had the text window uncheck in the information section.

And in GSX I had the "estimate passengers number" unchecked.

Each time I asked to board...GSX probably asked me a number that I could not see.

Yes, that was exactly the reason. You disabled the Simconnect message area entirely, which GSX uses as an input for the passenger number, if the Estimate Passengers option is disabled.