Author Topic: Gates  (Read 8100 times)

alptosun

Gates
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:40:24 pm »
Hi

Some gates are so close to the parking stand centerline the airplane passes through it, the screenshot is for Gate F8, also the same thing for Gate D8.

For the rest of the gates, may be no planes are pass through them but I think they are still too close to centerline.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gates
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:11:05 pm »
If you compare with this real world photo:

The jetway is correctly positioned in relationship to the centerline. The issue is, we might just have to move the parking a little bit backward, in order to give the jetway a better chance to turn and reach the door, but that's an AFCAD issue that is fairly easy to fix.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:29:39 pm by virtuali »

Mike...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »
I'm seeing this at E4 as well and at H10, in addition to D8 and F8. Couldn't the jetways just be moved a bit further from the parking spot centerlines? I have now moved the parking spots away from the jetways, but then AI don't follow the centerline. If it's one gate, okay, but four...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:53:59 pm »
I'm seeing this at E4 as well and at H10, in addition to D8 and F8. Couldn't the jetways just be moved a bit further from the parking spot centerlines? I have now moved the parking spots away from the jetways, but then AI don't follow the centerline. If it's one gate, okay, but four...

As I've said (and as the photo clearly shows), the jetways are already in the correct real world position so, either you have to alter the real world appearance, or you have to accept some issues with AI, unless you can suggest a better solution, I think it's always best to have the airport modeled as real as possible first and foremost, rather than adapt the airport modeling to the AI beaviour.

Mike...

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:29:21 pm »
To be honest, looking at that picture and Google Earth (especially at the four gates in question), I can only conclude there is no unique "correct real world position" for a jetway. If anything, in their static position, jetways are normally moved away from the parking position and centerline. But jetways aren't static, they move and have different dynamics based on which aircraft they're attached to. I don't think it ruins the realism if you swing these four a couple of inches/feat away from the centerlines in their static/non-attached state.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:56:09 pm »
I don't think it ruins the realism if you swing these four a couple of inches/feat away from the centerlines in their static/non-attached state.

We only have a static version of the jetway, animation comes only with AES in FS9, so, if we move any jetway, the AES scenery must be updated as well, otherwise they'll not match anymore.