Author Topic: floating jetways, passengers and marshallers at some default airports  (Read 2379 times)

antonyroma

Hello! I appreciate very much your products. I would like to get them all! I noticed a bothering issue with GSX level 2: floating jetways and marshallers at some default airports. In these airports also passengers/crew are stuck behind bus. I know it depends on AEC, but I don't want to disable it, because it would cause elevation problems. I think it could be easily fixed because GSX base pack vehicles (catering, pushback, follow me car) are not affected by AEC and work well. I don't see why jetways and passengers of GTX level 2 should behave differently. How do you plan on fixing this problem? Thank you very much.

https://image.ibb.co/bRAgU9/parisparking.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kWTobp/passenger_stuck.jpg

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:59:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: floating jetways, passengers and marshallers at some default airports
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:00:31 pm »
For the time being, the solution is to disable the airport in AEC. We'll look into a way to not be confused by the change in altitude Orbx does.

antonyroma

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 01:50:19 pm »
Thank you very much.

UAL4life

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:35:47 am »
I disabled the airport in AEC Vector however while the jetways are lower than they were before they are still floating...

This is at KSTL Default airport

grimsbee5

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 02:36:12 pm »
KABQ, had floating jetways

Here is what I did to resolve the problem;

Opened ADE175 and found default KABQ
Went to Properties and wrote down the default airport altitude of 1632.204 meters / 5355 feet
In ADE175 saved airport as: in folders; Lockheed Martin\ADEP4 Projects\ADE Project Folder\ KABQ_ADEP4_ADE (this is the default name by ADE)
Open ADE175. Go to FTX_Vector\FTX_Vector_Apt\scenery\APT_KABQ.bgl (note airport altitude of 1619.095 meters)
Opened KABQ_ADEP4_ADE again in ADE175 >Tools>Change Airport Reference Data and
Change airport altitude to Orbx altitude of 1619.095 meters /5311 feet.
Compile airport
Copy and paste to Addon Scenery\Scenery
GSX will now read both files and the higher priority of the two which is this new file
Restart sim
Jetways at KABQ were on the ground