Author Topic: Long Load Time  (Read 5069 times)

kimo

Long Load Time
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:19:18 am »
I recently purchase KCLT and have had trouble when it loads on arrival or departure.  It takes over 3 minutes to load, screen freezes and I wait.  Scenery is fine once loaded.  I have tried reinstalling with no luck and have read most of this fourm for answers.  I have FSDT KLAX and CYVR and have no problems. I did purchase KCLT without trying the Demo first, if that makes a difference? I'm using FSXSE.

Appreciate any help,

Kimo (an old guy)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Long Load Time
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 01:07:54 pm »
3 minutes to load is unheard of. It shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds, on a properly configured system.

However, on FSX (depending on which video card you have and how much VRAM it has) it's possible your system is so overloaded with addons and too high settings, that both your video memory and system memory are close to exhaustion, causing a sharp drop in performances.

Some of the options that can help are:

- Lowering the Max texture size slider. On FSX:SE, the last notch is 4K, the second to last is 2K and the third to last is 1024x1024. Try 1024x1024 and see if things gets better.

- Lower the Autogen Density

- Lower the Level of Detail Radius

KCLT has additional options that might reduce the memory footprint in its own YouControl menu (CTRL+F12)

- Disable 3D Cars on Parkings

- Disable Ground Traffic

kimo

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 02:07:56 am »
Thanks for the response.  I tried everything you suggested but it still remains the same.  This is the only airport I'm having a problem with, I have Flightbeam, Flytampa, UK2000, Aerosoft airports without this type of problem.  As I stated before FSDT KLAX and CYVR load okay.  I did try the Imagine Simulation Demo of KCLT over 6 months ago and deleted it from programs.  Could there be any files left of Imaginesim left over?  I've done a search in FSX and could not find any files left.  I do have ORBX scenery's installed and run the Max texture at 2048.  Windows 10 Pro Intel I7-6700 16GB Ram Nvidia graphic's

Appreciate any help, Kimo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 11:59:17 am »
I do have ORBX scenery's installed and run the Max texture at 2048. 

Which scenery ? OrbX vector perhaps ?

kimo

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 04:06:10 pm »
Yes, Orbx Vector, Europe, North America and Trees.

Kimo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 10:17:47 am »
Yes, Orbx Vector, Europe, North America and Trees.

OrbX vector has an enormous impact on your CPU, see this interesting post here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/543452-whats-the-deal-with-orbx-vector/?do=findComment&comment=3911548

We noticed that: on a tester's system, the CPU utilization went from 26% to 80% just by installing OrbX vector, and this was on P3D4, which use multiple CPUs better than FSX and use the GPU much better, so it's supposed to have more CPU spare power. I guess with FSX it must be much worse.

Of course, if Vector already took 80% of your CPU, you don't have much left for running everything else (the airplane, the airport, the AI, the ATC, etc.), which explains the slower loading time.

kimo

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 07:38:16 am »
No luck!  Uninstalled FTX Vector and KCLT remains exactly the same, 3 minutes or more to load.  Removing FTX Vector definitely made difference with the sim, better FPS, faster load times and overall performance.  After uninstalling Vector I uninstalled and reinstalled KCLT, no change.

Kimo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 09:30:17 am »
After uninstalling Vector I uninstalled and reinstalled KCLT, no change.

I can only confirm I cannot reproduce your slow loading times at KCLT and nobody ever reported this issue before. Here's a video I just made, showing the normal loading time on my system:

It's exactly 22 seconds, from the moment I press the OK button ( 0:08 ), until the scenery loads ( 0:30 )