Author Topic: Passenger boarding time whitout GSX2 Jetways  (Read 2132 times)

Nimic

Passenger boarding time whitout GSX2 Jetways
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:04:11 pm »
I noticed that, when I use a scenery which provides SODE jetways that HAVE NOT been added using GSX2 (for exemple FlyTampa Boston Rebooted, where SODE jetways are included), the boarding time is very fast and it takes only a few seconds, even though I have 145 passengers to board! On the contrary, using the jetways from GSX2 everything is fine. How can I fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger boarding time whitout GSX2 Jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:51:07 pm »
That's not a problem to fix, is exactly as it's supposed to be.

If a jetway is not SODE, passengers will not use it so, the boarding time will be simulated, just like it always was in the basic GSX.

Nimic

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:41:00 pm »
I said that I'm talking about sceneries which actually have already SODE jetways

They had SODE jetways before GSX Level was out, so these jetways have not been added with GSX level 2. But for some reasons, when I use them, passengers are not simulated. And so apparently the boarding time cannot be estimated in a proper way.

So, please, don't tell me that it happens only if a scenery has not SODE jetways. Tell me that passengers can use only the SODE jetways added with GSX Level 2, because is what happens in my simulator.

Furthermore, you stated that GSX2 doesn't aim to add jetways in sceneries which already have SODE jetways, so I expect that ALL sceneries which use SODE jetways (even though the scenery has been published 1 year ago) should be used by passengers, but it's not the case.

So, it's not "as it's supposed to be". For me this is a problem.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:45:35 pm by Nimic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 10:19:48 pm »
I said that I'm talking about sceneries which actually have already SODE jetways

Sorry, I misread your post.

Yes, of course passengers will use SODE jetways even if they are not made by GSX. So, if I understood your question now, the issue is NOT the "boarding time is too short", the real issue for you is that you don't see passengers on that scenery. Is this correct ?

In that case, are you sure you have installed the current Live Update ? We had a problem with such jetways for a couple of days, but it was later fixed.

Nimic

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:04 pm »
Yes, we can say that the two problems are related. I pointed out the question of boarding time, but the major issue is actually that passengers don't use SODE jetways, you are right.

Anyway, I followed your advice and I re-installed the current Live Update (I did it a few days ago, though). Currently the issue seems to be solved, I can see now passengers using SODE jetways. The problem persists at KBOS, but I think it's something related with this specific scenary, so I will probably ask to FlyTampa.

Ps: Grazie mille per l'aiuto e per la pronta assistenza ;)

Cheers

Luca

tosco92

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:57:43 pm »
I say it here because you always talk about it without opening a post by yourself, like never in some airports without having made changes with gsx v2 and then with their default jetways, today for example in Hamburg and Amsterdam, when I did the passenger unloading amsterdam with jetways even if I had 180 it took very little time to download and upload them and to hamburg in a parking lot with the same 180 passengers I saw them one by one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 11:41:22 am »
As explained many times already on the forum, in order to passengers to show on a jetway, it requires all the following:

- The jetway must be a SODE one. Either replaced by GSX, or supplied with the scenery, it doesn't matter, as long it's a SODE jetway. GSX automatically replaces only default jetways. CTRL+J jetways in 3rd party airports must be replaced manually, as explained on the manual on the various video tutorials on the forum.

- The jetway must be docked to the airplane door, so it must resolve in the airplane exit. If it doesn't, passengers won't show up.