Author Topic: Runtime error when updating using FSDT Live Updater **SOLVED**  (Read 6687 times)

edwardpat

Ok, thanks, I'll do that a bit later today and will report back to you with the log files.
Cheers, Ed

edwardpat

Ok, the logfile was created according to your instructions.
Please note the following:
1. The test was done with the AV/Firewall deactivated (Kaspersky Internet Security)
2. The Windows Defender is deactivated (Win7)
3. Apart of this, the Addon Manager folder is excluded from the AV scanning (but the AV was deactivated anyway)
Thanks, Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You must have done some kind of mistake, like *manually* renaming or copying over the Couatl_updater2.exe to Couatl_updater.exe, maybe because you assumed the Couatl_updater2 was possibly wrong or not required.

I'm quite sure of this because:

- Your log shows you started Couatl_updater.exe, but the log is a report of what Couatl_updater2.exe is supposed to do. A log from the true Couatl_updater.exe should be *much* shorter and, basically, tell it has successfully downloaded Couatl_updater2.exe and started it. Your log, instead, shows what Couatl_updater2.exe usually does: updating all files. But it comes from Couatl_updater.exe!

- You say you don't have Couatl_updater2.exe, which is consistent to the fact you might have renamed Couatl_updater2.exe to Couatl_updater.exe

This, of course, is messing up with the whole system entirely, because:

- the real Couatl_updater.exe is supposed to DOWNLOAD the *current* Couatl_updater2.exe and start it.

- since the Couatl_updater is in fact a renamed Couatl_updater2.exe, it cannot self-update itself anymore (cannot overwrite itself), so you are stuck with an old version.

The easiest fix should be downloading and installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which should restore all the files as they are supposed to be.

edwardpat

Yes, I sometimes do crazy things and probably mixed up two similar files.
I did what you suggested and now all is running OK.
Sorry for bothering.
Thanks, Ed