Author Topic: some questions  (Read 11151 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: some questions
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 11:47:04 pm »
YYYEEEESSSSS, but look in the first Picture ... GSX point my Nose Wheel of my 737-800 a way too far !!!I never end on the respective line for the 738 !!!!

That's because you haven't SET a Stop Position to begin with in the customization page!

As I've explained several times by now, and of course this would have been obvious if you READ the manual, in order for all of this to be working, you must SET a Stop Position, and align the airplane where you want it to be.

If you don't set it, GSX will just place the airplane in the middle of the parking, as it always did, which can be off, depending on how the AFCAD is made.

The obvious reason for this, is that any scenery can be made differently, GSX cannot possibly know HOW the ground texture is made and where the positions are.

It is not too hard to unerstand, also for you, because it seams you did not know how that works in real Live.

It would have been obvious, even for you, if you just paid ATTENTION on what both the manual and I said, multiple times. That was the key sentence in one of my previous replies:

Precisely for the reason to have different planes stopping their nosewheel on DIFFERENT position, to have the door ending up in a PREDICTABLE position. Which is exactly what's happening now. Provided, of course, you DO set the Stop Position. With any airplane, it doesn't matter, that was the main point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:48:40 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 12:01:12 am »
That's because you haven't SET a Stop Position to begin with in the customization page!

Now i havent set the STOP Position ???
For sure i have.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 12:07:05 am »
Now i havent set the STOP Position ???For sure i have.

No, you haven't.

If you had, the airplane would stop where you set the Stop Position. No, just scrolling over it with the editor, doesn't mean you set it. You must move it, even a small bit, to have it saved, otherwise it would consider it unchanged from the default, which means "don't use the stop position".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 12:28:50 am »
Here's a video showing how it works, when the scenery is made properly and the customization file is made properly with all the Stop Positions set. That's FSDT KLAX.

mroschk

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 10:42:09 am »
really, you save a flight and then wrap the plane to the position??
it is not what the problem is !!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 11:50:24 am »
really, you save a flight and then wrap the plane to the position??

The position used by the Warp me function is the SAME used by the Marshaller and the GSX Docking System to tell you were to stop.

I used it just because it was obviously quicker to show in a video, rather than taxiing with the marshaller with 3 different planes, but it's the exactly SAME as using the Marshaller: it would have guided exactly in the same spot as the Warp me command.

The default "Go To Airport" menu of the simulator doesn't obviously know anything about the GSX Stop Position so, it won't use it and won't be affected by it.

it is not what the problem is !!

There's no "problem", it just works, if you set the parking position correctly.

mroschk

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 12:36:05 pm »
Just for you ... some Pics from LFPG Gate A14.

A14 = After the Marshaller gives me the STOP and CUT ENGINES Signal
A14_1 = The Nose Gear at the wrong Position
A14_2 = The Setup for the STOP Position ( which is correctly set )
A14_3 = After i use the WARP ME HERE option

I dont know what else i should say, the Pictures say all.
I have not the Time now, but i can also record a video secial for you to beleave me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 12:47:59 pm »
A14 = After the Marshaller gives me the STOP and CUT ENGINES Signal
A14_1 = The Nose Gear at the wrong Position

That's doesn't mean the marshaller calculated the position "wrong", only he does allow you for some tolerance, and you might have stopped a bit too late.

How was the evaluation of the parking from the Marshaller ? Have you got a "Very Good parking" rating ? If yes, I'm sure the nosewheel was *very* close to the correct position. If you haven't, than it's just a problem of not having parked good enough. And, you still can get a "Very Good Parking" rating, as long as your longitudinal distance is within 50 cm. from the stop position. The Docking System is more stick: it has a tolerance of about 30 cm.

If we didn't allow some slack, people would complain it's not possible to get a good rating, also because taxiing accurately in the simulator is more difficult than in real life.

You want further confirmation ? Enable the Marshaller distance readouts in the GSX Settings. You'll see the longitudinal distance WILL be 0 when you ARE on the correct stop position. THIS is what the Marshallers is expecting from you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:52:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 01:27:37 pm »
I dont know what else i should say, the Pictures say all.

They don't say anything about how accurate you were following the Marshaller.

have not the Time now, but i can also record a video secial for you to beleave me.

I DO have time, because time for supporting users must always be found. Here's a video showing you how it's done. Sorry if I wasn't lucky enough to get the Marhaller dancing, he only dances 20% of the times, after a "Very Good Parking".

As you can see, the A320 stopped precisely in its own Stop Position as defined by the scenery. SAME as the Warp.

Yes, having the readouts active helps a lot. The sim ground behavior is not very good, especially with default airplanes, which makes it harder than real life to control the plane on ground, but that's not obviously GSX's fault, and it's why we have these extra helps, such the distance readouts and why we still consider "Very Good" a parking which might be up to 50 cm from the right stop distance.

But the stop position itself IS calculated precisely, which is confirmed by the distance readouts showing "0.0" when the plane had the Nosewheel on the correct stop position.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:32:13 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 01:31:19 pm »
Ahhh, now it is a tollerance problem or my fault because i stopped too late ????
Ohhh yes, the fault was on my side ... for sure it was not.
I arrived with very slow speed and stopped exactly when the Marshaller told me.

But as i say, i will also record a video specially for you.
But i can not record in KLAX, because i did not have the scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 01:36:18 pm »
Ahhh, now it is a tollerance problem or my fault because i stopped too late ???? Ohhh yes, the fault was on my side ... for sure it was not.

Was your parking rated as "Very Good" ?

As I clearly explained, we still consider a parking within 50 cm of the Stop Position to be Very Good. That doesn't obviously mean GSX calculated the position in the wrong way, only that we allow some slack in the evaluation.

But if you park perfectly (distance readout at 0.0), the Nosewheel WILL be in the stop position you set earlier.

But as i say, i will also record a video specially for you.

I already have (see above), and I parked perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:43:25 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 11:10:42 am »
Ok, i had the time to record a video.
Sory, i stopped 2 times to reach 0.1 Marshaller distance readout.

That says all now

I dont know, why it is not working here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:12 am »
That says all now

Doesn't say anything, if you don't say which airplane you used to customize the parking. Was the same one you used to park ?

If not, the only thing your video shows, is the stop parking positions drawn on the texture on that scenery, don't use the same different offsets we used at KLAX. We cannot possibly know anything about offsets in a texture. How you do expect GSX could do that ? Recognizing the marks ?

Different airports/gate might require different sets of offsets. Or, they might be simply inaccurate on that scenery. How GSX is supposed to know that ?

And yes, before you start launching yourself in another unfunded "you don't know how it works" nonsense, GSX CAN support something like this internally.

We can specify a custom-made table of offsets, depending on the airplane type, that can OVERRIDE the default strategy of trying to place the preferred exit in the same place (resulting in the nosewheel stopping in different positions), but this feature is not accessible to users, because we always find it was *very* complex to use.

Users found the jetway editor complex and the custom pushback even more complex, but they are nothing compared to what would be required to do something like this. On a 3rd party scenery, for *EACH* different custom texture with stop markings on ground, the user would have to customize a different offset for ALL the airplane types listed on that texture, and this would be in addition to the Stop Position, which would be like a "zero" reference. So, a table would be created, with the airplane type and its offset, and this would have to be applied to all parkings that use the same texture. If a scenery used more than one texture (for example, one for heavy gates, one for medium, etc. ), this process would have to be repeated for each different set of markings.

Yes, GSX CAN do that, internally, but are you sure you would like to do THAT ?

mroschk

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »
it is enough now.
I did not post any NONSENSE , you are not alowed to say something like that about a user who payd for your app.

It is one video and you see all the actions i did and i did not chnge the aircraft, if you mean that.
So first you see, i have correct set up the Stop position and the i used SHIFT+P to move the airplane a little bach to call the MenĂ¼ for parking.Then i just roll forward into the position and did not end up at the Stop position.

So, it has nothing to do which arcraft i use ( B737-800 by the way ) because i set up the Stop position.
So what has the aircraft to with that, i did not change the aircraft!

So, the video explains all you need. Thats the reason why i did a video and did not a lot of screenshots.
I dont want to waste any more tie with you stupid guy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 12:43:39 pm »
it is enough now. I did not post any NONSENSE , you are not alowed to say something like that about a user who payd for your app.

Yes, you have. You posted nonsense, by continuing to repeat I "don't know how it works", and you are not allowed to say that, without knowing all the facts.

It is one video and you see all the actions i did and i did not chnge the aircraft, if you mean that.

So first you see, i have correct set up the Stop position

No, you haven't.

I saw your video again, and you HAVE NOT set the Stop position, you set the position of the PARKING itself, which is NOT used to set the Stop position but, instead, is used to fix any possible errors (misplaced or not aligned parkings in the scenery AFCAD).

I assumed from your previous post you knew the difference between the STOP position and the position of the parking itself but, after seeing your video, is seems you don't. The Parking position has an icon which resembles the AFCAD parking. The STOP position, instead, has a icon that looks like a STOP sign.

So, you know what you are editing, by looking at the icon. And, the thing you are editing is highlighted in Orange. In your video, the only thing you edited, at 1:17, was the position of the parking, NOT the Stop Position, which was still in Blue, meaning it wasn't the object currently edited.

Nowhere in your video it shows you ever edited the STOP position.

So, it has nothing to do which arcraft i use ( B737-800 by the way ) because i set up the Stop position.

No, you haven't, you confused the Stop position with the parking position.

I dont want to waste any more tie with you stupid guy

I knew that, after being repeatedly proven wrong, over and over, you didn't had anything left other than resorting to insults. This just gained you a week of ban from the forum. Topic is closed.