Author Topic: Missing concourses  (Read 3438 times)

Shom

Missing concourses
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:54:25 pm »
Hi,
Today I had a weird issue where when arriving into KIAH the concourse buildings were missing. There was a shadow on the ground instead and the jetways were just "hanging from the air" around.
Other airport buildings showed up fine.
I went to the menu and all GSX, Couatl etc.. were existing.
Rebuilding the airport cache fixed the issue.
What could have caused this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing concourses
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:20:30 pm »
Rebuilding the airport cache fixed the issue.

Some problem with the scenery.cfg might have caused this. Or renaming a .BGL, or a 3rd party utility that changed the scenery.cfg. We force a cache rebuild when doing a Live Update now, which should lessen the chance to happening again.

Shom

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:24:26 pm »
Makes sense since I believe this indeed happened after a live update run.
But isn't the cache rebuilt every-time you start a flight? Or only when starting in a FSDT airport?
In this case KIAH was indeed the destination airport

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 01:27:46 pm »
But isn't the cache rebuilt every-time you start a flight? Or only when starting in a FSDT airport? In this case KIAH was indeed the destination airport

The cache should rebuild automatically ONLY if there was a change in the scenery.cfg, like adding or removing a scenery. If you use a 3rd party utility that disables everything except your start and destination airport, this will force a cache rebuild at each start.

Also, you cannot disable/re-enable an area in flight. Our software only reads the scenery library once, at start. If we wanted to support changes made while flying, we would had to constantly monitor your scenery library, putting an unnecessary strain on the system, while flying.

Shom

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 01:29:12 pm »
OK I did not change any scenery while running P3D. I only do it before launching the sim