Author Topic: floating jetways  (Read 9053 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: floating jetways
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:12 am »
any NEWS about the floating SODE jetways in BIKF ?

There are no floating jetways in the default BIKF so, in order to understand what the problem might be on your system, you should tell more about which addons you installed.

Do you have OrbX vector ? Have you disabled the airport in the AEC utility ?

ggerolamo

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 12:35:37 pm »
I have Installed ORBX Vector (p3dv4) - and BIKF is disabled there !
With default jetways , all is ok - jetways on ground....
...but activating the Sode jetways via gmx-tool the 'SODE'-jetways are floating over the ground... !?

greetings
ggerolamo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 09:35:46 pm »
I have Installed ORBX Vector (p3dv4) - and BIKF is disabled there !

Then you must have another scenery in conflict that has changed the altitude for the airport, which is causing the same effect as Orbx vector.

As I've said, this doesn't happen with only the default scenery installed so, it must be some addon you installed that has added a new AFCAD that has a different altitude AND it stays on a higher layer in the Scenery Library, so GSX correctly reads the altitude from there, it cannot possibly know if it's correct or not.

ggerolamo

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 09:17:15 am »
There is imho no other scenery !
Is there a possibility to see which scenery-file gsx is using calculating the height of the SODE jetways ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 09:19:14 am »
There is imho no other scenery !

There is, otherwise the same problem would happen with default scenery. But I tried loading default BIKF, and jetways don't float here.

Is there a possibility to see which scenery-file gsx is using calculating the height of the SODE jetways ?

Not at this time, we'll have to add this as a diagnostic option and, eventually, an option to override the altitude.

ggerolamo

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 10:19:10 am »
Not at this time, we'll have to add this as a diagnostic option and, eventually, an option to override the altitude.
...would be a cool feature to adjust the altitude...I'm looking forward to it !
Meanwhile I obviously have to switch back to default Jetways...

part-time-punk

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 02:04:33 pm »
I also have floating Jetways.

On Saturday I loaded up a flight in P3Dv4.3 with the Aerosoft Airbus A320 at the default KDEN.

When I operated the jetway, it docked too high and missed the Airbus forward door.  I checked the jetway wheels and they were floating approximately 1 foot off the ground.

When the passengers boarded, they were at the correct level and I could see their feet below the jetway floor. 

I loaded another default airport (KCOS) and all the jetways were 1 foot off the ground.

I loaded my only add-on airport: UK2000 Heathrow and the jetways wheels were on the ground.

I saw some posts saying disable the airport in ORBX elevation corrections but when I done this, the KDEN jetways went 100 feet in the air.

Things I done that may have broken the jetways elevation:  Ran FSDT Live Update, Windows Update and Installed new Nvidia drivers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 04:01:39 pm »
Please read again my last post:

If you disable the airport in the AEC utility, and you still have floating jetways, then you must have another scenery in conflict that has changed the altitude for the airport, which is causing the same effect as Orbx vector.

As I've said, this doesn't happen with only the default scenery installed so, it must be some addon you installed that has added a new AFCAD that has a different altitude AND it stays on a higher layer in the Scenery Library, so GSX correctly reads the altitude from there, it cannot possibly know if it's correct or not.

Ran FSDT Live Update, Windows Update and Installed new Nvidia drivers.

That's precisely the reason why you have this. Our latest update tried to FIX this, and now it reads altitude corrections files too, that didn't read before. But, of course, it cannot possibly know if they are correct or not, and it must respect the Layering priority, since it cannot possibly know when use the opposite layering priority.

Basically, it's a problem that cannot always be solved automatically.

That's why I said in the next update, you'll have the ability to override the altitude in the GSX customization page.

Llondon

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »
Also have floating Jetways at YMML. I have ran Orbx vector include an exclude with no result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 09:21:41 pm »
Also have floating Jetways at YMML. I have ran Orbx vector include an exclude with no result.

The last post was a month old. The current version, as promised, DOES have the ability to correct the Airport Elevation, without having to exclude anything.