Author Topic: floating jetways  (Read 9045 times)

diceflo

floating jetways
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:44:45 am »
So I installed GSX into P3DV4 because I have to if I want to see all the airports that I have bought. I have tried using this program before and I had floating jetways at all my default airports. I deleted it and the problem was solved. I reinstalled GSX today and the problem is back. I was told that I have to exclude them from global vector. I have run the aec tool but I still have floating jetways. What should I do now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: floating jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:19:56 am »
It's not clear from your message *when* you reinstalled. We posted a fix late yesterday which is supposed to fix this problem, which was caused by the OrbX altitude correction files, which are now recognized.

diceflo

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:46:06 am »
Probably right before you updated. With my luck, it would be understandable. I will run the live updater and report back.

diceflo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:52:39 am »
Just to report that the jet ways are back. I ran the live updater and at first I didn't have any jetways at all. I thought to go into the GSX control panel and I clicked enable default jet ways and all is good. I did notice one thing. When I did have floating jet ways they were nice ones with the airport logo on them now I have default ones they just look plain (of course). So is there a way to have the nice jet ways that don't float? I did also disable default jet ways thinking I would have the other ones but I didn't have any at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 10:06:22 am »
So is there a way to have the nice jet ways that don't float? I did also disable default jet ways thinking I would have the other ones but I didn't have any at all.

If you still have them after the update, it means something is still not right with OrbX Vector compatibility. Which is the Scenery Layer for Vector in your system ?

dlarokk

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 07:35:40 pm »
I'm also still having this issue after the update. OrbxVectorAEC is at position 155/156 and FSDreamTeamExcludes is at 1.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:47:28 pm »
I'm also still having this issue after the update. OrbxVectorAEC is at position 155/156 and FSDreamTeamExcludes is at 1.

The Fsdreamteam exclude doesn't have anything to do with this. What's important to know, is if Vector is higher or lower in priority than then the AFCAD of the airport it's supposed to correct.

dlarokk

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:39:17 pm »
Lower, it's at the bottom of the list just above Default

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 09:01:39 pm »
Lower, it's at the bottom of the list just above Default

That's explains it. GSX always respect the layering order so, if a .BGL sets an altitude, but another one on an higher priority sets a different one, GSX doesn't have much choice other than trusting the one which has the higher priority.

Have you tried asking OrbX is these altitude correction files are supposed to have such a low priority ?

dlarokk

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 11:01:20 pm »
I'll post over at FTX and see what they say.

dlarokk

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 05:28:29 am »
FTX confirms that the low priority is intended.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »
FTX confirms that the low priority is intended.

That would be a problem, in fact. We do recognize the files but, the general rule has always been to choose the .BGL that has the higher priority in the Scenery Library, we would have to do some kind of exception in this case.

For the time being, just disable the airport in the AEC utility, until we can come up with a better automatic way.

divinglyc

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »
Hi! I have similar problem. In default BIKF, I have normal default jetways, but abnormal SODE jetways( floating above the ground).
I have up-to-date GSX (by FSDT live update), default jetway set to active by GSX control panel, and latest version of makerwys. I have installed ORBX Global but no Vector.
This so far only happens only in BIKF, not in other airports.
Oh, and I have to mention that there is no terminal at where those SODE jetways are. Weird....
Any solution? Thanks so much!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 12:04:35 pm »
Oh, and I have to mention that there is no terminal at where those SODE jetways are. Weird....

That seems GSX is not the only one affected by whatever file is changing the altitude. It's likely the terminal ended up below or above ground.

ggerolamo

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »
any NEWS about the floating SODE jetways in BIKF ?