Author Topic: Low Res Texture Option  (Read 7449 times)

M-Sauce

Low Res Texture Option
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:56:01 am »
Hello guys,

Could we please have another batch converter file to reduce the texture file sizes and get an improved FPS like the one for LSGG and KLAS? That would be appreciated by those of us with huge amounts of traffic. KFLL with KMIA in close proximity means that AI takes a good chunk of the processing power and every little bit helps!  ;)

Thanks for another great product. Just to let you know, I like these runway textures a lot more than the LSGG and KLAS ones. I don't seem to get the bleedthrough I got in the other ones. The only issue I get is the previously stated one of the default scenery showing up on all the runway clearway areas, kind of like the initial KLAS release bug.

felixthreeone

Re: Low Res Texture Option
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:03 pm »
I second that!! I won't buy 'til there is a batch texture converter for this scenery; I has made my JFK and LAS sceneries run butter-smooth!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:04 pm »
Posted.

M-Sauce

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 05:57:01 pm »
Thank you Virtuali  ;)

felixthreeone

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »
Thank You! I will be breakin out the credit card this evening!!

Gerry Scott

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 06:04:38 pm »
Hi,

Can I use this texture converter in FSX?

Gerry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:16 pm »
It will help that much under FSX, expecially if you have at least a Dual core CPU. The main reason for having the resizer in FS9, is to overcome stuttering (not low fps!!), due to the fact that the FS9 graphic engine doesn't use the second core to load terrain textures in the background, like FSX does so, a big amount of data being loaded might effectively stall FS9, hence the stuttering.

FSX has a better texture loading mechanism that is using the free cores to handle the loading of textures, so stuttering shouldn't normally happen. The only one that might have a real benefit lowering the texture resolution in FSX, might be people with a Single core CPU and only 256 MB of Video RAM, but I wouldn't even suggest using FSX under this config to begin with...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:44:05 pm by virtuali »

Gerry Scott

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:06 pm »
Umberto,

Thankyou for the reply.  I have a decent enough system, Quad core, 4M ram and 9600 GF and your airport sceneries run well. Guess I was looking for a bit more performance in FSX :)

Cheers

Gerry