Author Topic: Addon Manager not showing up FSX-SE **SOLVED**  (Read 4704 times)

kenos1223

Addon Manager not showing up FSX-SE **SOLVED**
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:20:32 pm »
Hello,

so i tried installing the Qualitywings 757 in FSX-SE, and since it was updated about 2 years ago it came with the an old version of the addon manager. It installed that addon manager on my computer and when i tried running the sim. i pressed never run addon manager thinking i would still have the most up to date one. when i spawned in, the addon manager menu has disappered and now i tried everything i can but it still wont come back. is there a way to try to run the coatl that is responsible for addon manager?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:25:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not showing up FSX-SE
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:49 am »
Since the QW757 was never updated to include the new Addon Manager, each time you install it, you must download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager here, to update it to the current version.

kenos1223

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 05:05:52 pm »
Hello,

I tried doing that multiple times but it still wont show up in the Add-Ons section in the menu bar.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 05:26:00 pm »
Do it again now, please.

If you use Windows 7, we had a version online, for some hours, which didn't work on Windows 7, but it's fixed now.

kenos1223

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:29:07 am »
I have windows 10, still no luck....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:12:25 am »
I have windows 10, still no luck....

I can only repeat and confirm it will work. There's a limitation, though. If your default flight is with the QW757, it won't work, unless you select a different airplane and then select the QW757 again.

This is caused by some changes in Esellerate, which require some changes in the QW757 code too. Nothing we can fix from our side, it requires a code updates from QW. We alerted them a long time ago, but they haven't updated their code so far.

So, the only way to have the QW757 working right now, is to start from a flight saved with a default airplane, and then switch to the QW757 after moving to the airport.

kenos1223

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »
The issue is not the QW757. it is what seems to cause the Addon Manager not showing up. i tried everything you said and the addon manager still will not show up in the menu bar after i spawn in.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 07:49:55 pm »
The issue is not the QW757. it is what seems to cause the Addon Manager not showing up. i tried everything you said and the addon manager still will not show up in the menu bar after i spawn in.

Installing the QW757 as last can cause the Addon Manager to disappear (because it's an old version, mixed with new files) so, you must always install the Addon Manager after the QW757.

Other than that, it's the usual issue caused by the antivirus. You must configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, then reinstall the Addon Manager.

kenos1223

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 11:22:20 pm »
I have tried everything you said plus reinstalling the windows C+++ stuff. one think i noticed is that i am not getting the pop up before sim start that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator - Security . The publisher could not be verified.  Are you sure you want to run this software?" i also tried reinstalling all the sim-connect things needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 11:41:07 pm »
one think i noticed is that i am not getting the pop up before sim start that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator - Security . The publisher could not be verified.  Are you sure you want to run this software?"

First, in our software, you are supposed to read the publisher CAN be verified, since we digitally sign all our executables which, funny enough, is a suggested way to prevent antivirus false-positive.

If you don't see that question, there might be several reasons for this:

- You already trusted the same version of the module, so the question won't be repeated again

OR

- You untrusted the module, so it will not repeat the question, until we'll release a new version

OR

- You explicitly trusted everything signed by us, so the question will not be repeated, even with new versions of the module

OR

- You explicitly NOT trusted everything signed by us, so nothing signed by us will ever work, and there will be no question.

OR

- You haven't done anything of that sort, and it's just the antivirus blocking the program before it even has  chance to ask permission to run.

To clear up a previous choice made in FSX, Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ? If you had any FSDT products like GSX or any scenery, you MUST reinstall them again. No need to reinstall the Addon Manager since, as long you use their current installer, they will surely download the latest version.

To undo a possible global un-trust in Windows of us, as a publisher, Go into "Internet Options" -> "Content" -> "Authors" and be sure VIRTUALI is not under the "not trusted" authors.

If nothing of this changes anything, then you'll have to go back to:

- Be sure all the VC++ libraries and Simconnect are properly installed.

- Be sure the antivirus it not blocking anything.

kenos1223

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 12:21:19 am »
Hello,

I have finally fixed the issue. i realized it was something doing with the certificates being blocked. Thank you so much for your help!