Author Topic: FSDT airport recompiled with P3D V4 SDK Tools?  (Read 1826 times)

gvnbm2018

• giupviecphuongnam
FSDT airport recompiled with P3D V4 SDK Tools?
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:17:40 pm »
"Before you install ANYTHING into Prepar3D v4, you should take the time to research whether the developer merely adjusted their installer to account for Prepar3D v4, or whether the developer actually took the time to re-export BOTH the code elements AND the model elements of a product using the developer/SDK tools that were provided by Lockheed Martin for use with Prepar3D v4."

This is the paragraph that is keeping me busy with scenery addons from various developers. I would like to ask a question to Umberto if his sceneries are or will be changed using the developer/SDK Tools for P3D V4? Or is the same technique as in V3 and FSX being used to update scenery? I am asking this to get a clear view how far compatibility goes. As I have a lot issues in P3D V4 right now, after installing various scenery addons from various developers who claim these to be 100% fully compatible with P3D V4, whereas in many cases only the installers are changed, but not the sourcecode etcetera. For example, are the updates via FSDT Live Update in case of sceneries updates in which SDK/developer tools of P3D V4 is being used?

Perhaps clear and honest views can be shared here in this topic? I have many doubts about the compatibility of sceneries in P3D V4. This holds me off from buying more, and eventually I will only buy newly developed seneries to prevent being disappointed in the end.

Công ty giúp việc phương nam uy tín giúp việc tận tâm tìm giúp việc chuyên nghiệp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT airport recompiled with P3D V4 SDK Tools?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 02:56:18 pm »
Anything that might apply to other developers, doesn't necessarily apply to us, for the following reasons:

- Most of the issues in P3D4 is *legacy* code from FS8, because nobody knew any other method to create ground polygons in FSX/P3D, other than using the FS8 code, which is not entirely supported in P3D4. Such sceneries will have to be recompiled, because the P3D4 SDK offers alternatives to it.

The issue doesn't apply to us, because stopped using that method many years ago, thanks to our software which allowed to use native FSX code (which is still fully supported in P3D4) to do the same thing, using various non-BGL related methods.

- When we know we do have a compatibility issue, we fix it in code. Our sceneries are not "just" sceneries. They are driven by Python scripts, which can behave differently depending the sim they are running under. So, for example, we fix some compatibility issues by changing the scenery in real-time, without requiring to distribute separate files for FSX and P3D.

- In some cases, when required, we create entirely separate objects, depending on the simulator used, which are made with the P3D SDK instead. We used this method in KSDF, KCLT and KMEM.