Author Topic: FSDT Airport Scenery Major Failure  (Read 2836 times)

F4RIO

FSDT Airport Scenery Major Failure
« on: October 07, 2018, 04:27:58 am »
Gentleman,

I have purchased and installed FSDT KMEM, KIAH, KCLT, KDFW, KLAS, et. al.,) and installed but not purchased the newest GSX (L2E installed 1 Oct; currently disabled in FSX-SE) under FSX-SE and Win 10.

Up until a week or so ago, all was well. Not so now. I am rather at a loss to know where to begin, so I will simply list some of the many symptoms I'm observing.

1. After loading a flight ('Go Fly') with the scenery/airplane visible at KMEM, 3-4 minutes pass before the FSDT airport scenery finishes rendering. Once this is complete, I can operate the A/C but FSX freezes and crashes either while taxiing or shortly after T/O. Occasionally FSX crashes before the rendering process is complete.

2. When approaching within about 5nm of KMEM on approach, FSX crashes without warning.

3. When beginning a flight from FSDT KIAH, most of the scenery objects did not appear at all. I was able to depart the A/P area, but FSX froze for 1-2 sec a number of times before I was 10nm or so from KIAH.

4. These types of behaviors occur at other FSDT airports also, with either default A/C or addon A/C.

5. When selecting a starting gate, for some airports, all the gates in the gate list are classified as RAMP GA, as opposed to Small/Medium/Large.

6. KDFW scenery does not appear; listed in Addon Manager as ACTIVE but not installed (ABNI) in the Scenery Library (the Active checkbox in the FSX Scenery Library list is checked). KIAH and KLAS are ABNI.

7. GSX is Product ACTIVE; GSX Level 2 Expansion is in TRIAL Mode.

I have run FSDT Live Update (virus protection off). Doesn't seem to make a difference. My hypothesis is that something about GSXL2E has changed something that I'm not aware of.

Perhaps I need to uninstall everything at start a complete reinstall with the latest versions of software, if that is possible.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Airport Scenery Major Failure
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 02:47:44 pm »
After loading a flight ('Go Fly') with the scenery/airplane visible at KMEM, 3-4 minutes pass before the FSDT airport scenery finishes rendering.

This is not normal, of course, and it clearly shows something is very wrong with your system. You should see a delay of 5-10 seconds AT MOST.

Most likely, a setting/tweak gone wrong in your FSX.CFG. Try to restore the FSX.CFG to default, by removing this file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

Then reinstall GSX, because the installer MUST add a line in the FSX.CFG, which will be lost if you reset it to default.

Also, be sure the antivirus is configured as follows:

- Exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Exclude the simulator folder from scanning.

F4RIO

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:59:53 pm »
Thank you for responding.

I followed the procedure you suggested (restore FSX.CFG to default / reinstalled the latest version of GSX / excluded the folders you suggested from anitvirus scanning) and the problem remains.

I restored the previous FSX.CFG for now. Resetting it to default made a number of addon A/C disappear.

Any further suggestions? Uninstall all FSDT software and try reinstalling. perhaps?

Thanks again

Tamba765

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 01:13:49 am »
     Same thing here. I changed nothing, and have no anti virus. I reloaded GSX and GSX Level 2, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Earlier, I was prompted to run the latest Live Update, but since nobody is saying anything, it probably had nothing to do with the anomaly. I still can't get the jetways to work no matter what I do, but that's another story. Thanks.
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:05:55 am »
I reloaded GSX and GSX Level 2, and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Our installers fix some wrong Compatibility settings in the registry you might have had for the simulator, that's what probably fixed it for you.

F4RIO

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 03:55:22 pm »
Glad it was fixed for the other person but my serious problem remains (see my post above).

I still need further suggestions about what to try next.

Thank you.