Author Topic: Boarding/Disembarking timing feature.  (Read 4649 times)

airnz515

Boarding/Disembarking timing feature.
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:44:36 pm »
Hi,

Is it possible to get the boarding/disembarking timing feature back instead of the new slider setting? Passengers are boarding within a matter of seconds, even on "insane" setting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding/Disembarking timing feature.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:59:07 pm »
Passengers are boarding within a matter of seconds, even on "insane" setting.

They surely don't, assuming you have some passengers on board. Maybe the airplane is empty. You can turn off the "Estimate Passenger number" option in the settings, to confirm/change the number of passengers GSX estimated depending on the payload.

airnz515

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:36:23 am »
It certainly does. It occurs in under 10 seconds, and my aircraft is not empty. Say I have 180 pax onboard, I get the banner message "90/180 passengers boarded" and then a few seconds later "180/180 passengers boarded" .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:59:55 am »
It certainly does. It occurs in under 10 seconds, and my aircraft is not empty.

It's surely doesn't, unless you have GSX Level 2 in Trial and you are outside a Trial airport.

airnz515

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:03:50 am »
I have registered GSX Level 2 but have disabled the SODE jetways and am using default ones.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 01:24:15 pm »
I have registered GSX Level 2 but have disabled the SODE jetways and am using default ones.

Then it's normal. Passengers requires a SODE jetway. Either replaced by GSX or made by the original scenery developer, but it must be SODE.

And of course, the default jetway model is solid so, you wouldn't be able to see passengers (unless using a custom camera utility), even if they worked.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:26:04 pm by virtuali »

airnz515

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 11:53:09 am »
Ok, but how about those of us not using SODE Jetways? Can we have the timing feature back?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 11:59:11 am »
Ok, but how about those of us not using SODE Jetways? Can we have the timing feature back?

The boarding will be simulated using those timings.

The issue is, you might have some parkings with SODE jetways and others with CTRL+J jetways, but the timings page is a global setting so, in order not to confuse those that DO use SODE jetways (which is the main point of the Expansion), with a Timings menu that doesn't do anything for them so, as long as GSX Level 2 is active, the timings page in not shown.

But the timings will be read. I guess you might try changing them by editing the Couatladdons.INI file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. It's not something you change very often...

airnz515

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 04:10:33 am »
It doesn't matter whether GSX Level 2 is activated or deactivated, the passenger boarding and disembarking still happens in a matter of seconds. Perhaps in an update, add the timing feature back if Level 2 is deactivated so people not using Level 2 can be more realistic with their boarding and disembarking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 10:31:55 am »
It doesn't matter whether GSX Level 2 is activated or deactivated, the passenger boarding and disembarking still happens in a matter of seconds.

If GSX Level 2 is activated, the boarding will happen in the time the passengers will take to board, which cannot be "seconds", more like several minutes. Provided, of course, you DO have passengers that, as explained several times in the forum, requires either:

- A SODE jetway that has docked.

OR

- A Bus + stairs.

If none of these conditions is true, the boarding time will be simulated AS IT WAS BEFORE, using the timings saved in the Couatladdons.INI file. It's just that, if GSX is Activated, you don't have the timings UI anymore, but the settings still work and they can be edited as I explained before.

Perhaps in an update, add the timing feature back if Level 2 is deactivated so people not using Level 2 can be more realistic with their boarding and disembarking.

It's already like that. If GSX Level 2 is NOT activated the timings page will looks exactly as it was before. The only exceptions will be the Trial and FSDT airports because, in such airports, GSX Level 2 IS activated in any case.