Author Topic: Jetway extend-heights  (Read 2856 times)

kurt_ams

Jetway extend-heights
« on: October 10, 2018, 06:34:00 am »
Hi Umberto,

Great work with GSX L2 - thanks for putting up with the community requests etc.

Without referring to the limitation around controlling the "height placement" of a jetway  (as I know that's been covered a few times before)... my dilemma however relates to jetway extend-heights.

In this first example at FlyTampa YSSY, I am unable to design the 3rd jetway to dock to the upper-deck L1 door - not because the jetway doesn't extend that far, but because it won't raise up to the height of the door.

One solution is to lower the height of the door settings in the GSX Aircraft editor (although quite considerably) to get the jetway to dock.
Unfortunately with this solution, the highest I can get this particular type of jetway to work and connect (ping-sound confirmation in the 3d-editor, and visually tested), is when the aircraft door is configured half way between the A380 upper-deck and the lower-deck. (definitely not ideal)

https://i.imgur.com/SXQJioO.jpg

Another solution, the only one I can think of, is to choose an alternate jetway to deal with the previous jetway extend-height limitation, one that will raise to the correct height of the upper-deck door. Thus the example below.

Here I can choose an jetway, one that is designed for upper-deck use (from memory, there's really only about 2 or 3 that work from the jetway model dropdown menu), and this one works as desired, only that unfortunately the jetway design itself starts out too high at the scenery end which leaves me with a mismatch against existing buildings. (not the end of the world, but visually distracting)

https://i.imgur.com/WSiOAK1.jpg

So, do we have flexibility and control over the "extend-height" of a jetway, [eg: to allow the use of the jetway shown in example 1 (or many other jetways) with an A380 upper deck?] or is this simply a limitation? ie: the extend heights of jetways are hard-coded, will never change? Because as you can tell, I would really love to use the jetway shown in example 1, if only it would raise higher than currently programmed.

Perhaps you have an alternate solution or further thoughts on this?
Thanks, and looking forward to future releases.

Cheers,
kurt

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:07:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway extend-heights
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:06:32 am »
In this first example at FlyTampa YSSY, I am unable to design the 3rd jetway to dock to the upper-deck L1 door - not because the jetway doesn't extend that far, but because it won't raise up to the height of the door.

Such jetway would never be able to reach the upper door of the A380, even in reality. Which is why, we supplied with a dedicated upper-deck model, so you should use that one.

Here I can choose an jetway, one that is designed for upper-deck use (from memory, there's really only about 2 or 3 that work from the jetway model dropdown menu), and this one works as desired, only that unfortunately the jetway design itself starts out too high at the scenery end which leaves me with a mismatch against existing buildings. (not the end of the world, but visually distracting)

The upper-deck jetway is modeled in its real-life size. Of course, we cannot be always sure it would match every possible scenery out there.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:08:50 am by virtuali »