Author Topic: JFK truncated jetways  (Read 8752 times)

ek1118

JFK truncated jetways
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:49:16 pm »
Hi all,
   I don't understand why this is happening. At his time it's only happening at Terminal 7 Gate 6, I have trunccated jetways

ek1118

Re: JFK truncated jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:44:22 am »
Hi Umberto,
Hey, I haven't heard back from you. First of all, I've noticed this issue of disconnected jetways, where they should connect together. This not only applies to gate 706, but also other jetways that have multiple extensions from the terminal. I've uninstalled both JFK v2 and GSX v2, and reinstalled them. Still having the same problem. Both airport and GSX v2 are registered in the addon manager and showing as active. By the way, my KJFK_FSDT.BGL is 80KB instead of 81.6 and I have no backup. Couatl shows as active. Your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 01:25:47 am »
- run the FSDT Live Update and ALLOW to replace the ACAD when asked.

- remove any customization you might have made for JFK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder

ek1118

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:00:03 pm »
Hi Umberto,
                So I did as you suggested. Here's the results, please note the jetway on the left. It still seems stuck on the orange barrier and disconnected from anything else. So are a couple of others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:33:14 am »
Your image it very blurred (try to use Anisotropic filtering on the video card and antialiasing, to improve the quality), and your airplane is covering some of the jetways, so I cannot easily see from which the additional jetways are coming from.

Perhaps you have a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery.

Look how that gate is supposed to look like:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:37:21 am by virtuali »

ek1118

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:48:29 pm »
Hi Umberto,
             I've tried everything you suggested and then some issues still persists. Any further suggestions ?

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 11:01:32 pm »
Try to use the Simple Airport Scanner to see if you find any conflicting AFCADs for JFK:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

american398

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 04:35:54 am »
I'm getting a similar issue. only difference is half the gate is showing. This new GSX is causing nothing but problems. What a joke this has become. Then when we try to go back to GSX level 1 its the same ol song and dance. There is no other conflicting scenery or afcad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 12:58:52 pm »
I'm getting a similar issue. only difference is half the gate is showing

You either have an AFCAD in conflict, or an old .INI you made which must be removed.

This new GSX is causing nothing but problems.

None of these are GSX problems. GSX cannot automatically fix or look for conflicting sceneries, there are other utilities that can help you doing that. And, it would be WRONG if GSX automatically removed any customization .INI file you might have made in the past. We don't remove any of your files, it must be your choice.

Then when we try to go back to GSX level 1 its the same ol song and dance.

You "trying to go back to GSX Level 1" is another possible reason of this problem. The latest version of JFK which you'll get automatically with a Live Update REQUIRES GSX Level 2 to work, and its AFCAD and its .INI file are made assuming you have GSX Level 2 installed. Going back to GSX Level 1 is the wrong solution, caused by the wrong assumption Level 2 has "problems", but they are something else entirely.

There is no other conflicting scenery or afcad.

If you are sure of this, then the problem is caused either by an old .INI file you made for KFJK that you haven't removed, or by you trying to "go back" to GSX Level 1, with JFK now requiring Level 2.

ek1118

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 08:20:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,
          Unfortunately even after running the ACFCAD tool I'm still having the same issue with Terminal Gate 6 at KJFK. there seems to still be disconnected  and partial gates elsewhere at the airport. I'm kind of at my wits end with this !!

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 11:19:17 am »
Unfortunately even after running the ACFCAD tool I'm still having the same issue with Terminal Gate 6 at KJFK. there seems to still be disconnected  and partial gates elsewhere at the airport. I'm kind of at my wits end with this !!

Then you must have a conflicting scenery that cannot be detected by that tool, maybe not an AFCAD. Have you ever installed another JFK scenery ?

ek1118

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 09:43:56 pm »
I did at one time. Thought I removed it. I'll do a complete scan of my FSX folder

ek1118

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 12:00:37 am »
So here's the results from the AFCAD scan, and also the contents of my JFK folder in the addon manager
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:04:53 am by ek1118 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 12:23:48 am »
So here's the results from the AFCAD scan, and also the contents of my JFK folder in the addon manager

It's entirely normal having two AFCADs for KJFK in our folder, because the one for the approaches is separated from the airport itself. The conflict must be elsewhere. As I've said in my previous message:

Then you must have a conflicting scenery that cannot be detected by that tool, maybe not an AFCAD. Have you ever installed another JFK scenery ?

ek1118

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 10:00:21 pm »
Yes I did, however I removed it, I scanned my FSX folder and found files related to JFX, but nothing related to AFCAD. Should I delete all these files also?

Ed