Author Topic: GSX and the future  (Read 2828 times)

croftspardon

GSX and the future
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:31:03 pm »
Great stuff going on with GSX, but is it the best product for the average simmer?

Pilots don't call catering trucks, open and close doors for services etc etc. I am really thinking that many people will agree it would be fantastic to have the eye-candy you offer in GSX- (now with amazing pax etc)- but done on an automatic basis.

One initial set-up page for the flight (stating push-back direction, operator choices, jetty y/n etc and Departure time). The Departure time then drives the services. Catering/ fueling etc come and go- don't worry about if the aircraft doors are open or not. Board at departure -15, remove the jetty -5, push-back crew call flightdeck at -5 etc.
From the flight crew point of view it's more realistic (even if catering through a closed door!).

I think such a bolt-on will interest a lot of people that wouldn't want to be bothered with the menus of GSX.
For that reason I only use GSX for pushback. It would be so cool to see the rest happening around me and give a real build up to a departure.

Keith

Risky

Re: GSX and the future
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:41:51 pm »
That sounds pretty good!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:08 pm »
Yes, we are considering an "autopilot" feature.

unc1rlm

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »
 ;D

Excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob M.

bilson

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 02:14:30 pm »
I 2nd that with maybe an arrival & departure Activated by arriving at gate and a Menu Start departure procedure.
Bilson

Abhinav

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 09:53:11 am »
I was wondering if it will be possible to have a water canon salute feature as one of the ground services?
It will be a lot of fun then to do delivery and inaugural flights....

makoy

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:14:18 am »
what about the ability to bring the conveyor built vehicle to the bulk hold...this was somehow overlooked. this would be a good addition.

I haven't flown the freighter in ages but it would be nice if we are able to assigned a loader for every cargo doors available including the bulk hold. And finally i wish GSX pax are compatible with the majestic Q400 door/stairs so pax can go in and out without having to assign stairs.

thanks