Author Topic: Jetways on roof KBOI airport  (Read 7837 times)

Midnight Music

Re: Jetways on roof KBOI airport
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 01:24:26 pm »
I set my new AFCAD to the ORBX altitude of 2997 feet as opposed to the default which is 3021. GSX reads that new AFCAD fine and the gates appear fine at the correct level. I'm not a master AFCAD maker, I just did it as an experiment and was pleased to see it worked.

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »
I set my new AFCAD to the ORBX altitude of 2997 feet as opposed to the default which is 3021.

Sure, that's what I said, you basically created a duplicate of the OrbX correction file, just on an higher layer so GSX could read it.

That's why I was wondering if it's really required for these altitude correction files to be lower than airports (possibly AI are involved), and if the file you made shows any visual problems to the mesh around.

tkemp66

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »
So, I now wonder why OrbX asks to have their altitude correction files below the airports, since yours works fine. Is your file able to fix issues like the plateau effect on airports with sloped runways ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to create a new BGL file with elevation correction that matches the airport elevation in ORBX, but I still did not see any difference. I read through instructions which suggested that a new BGL would be created and placed into scenery/world/scenery, and I confirmed that it is there. However, the instructions never mentioned anything about what to do with the original BGL file for that airport. Am I suppose to disable it?

Troy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:01:49 pm by virtuali »
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 07:31:29 pm »
I'm done with this third party airport. I'm removing it and going back to the default, when GSX v2 worked. The developer was no help and pretty much ignored me. Stay clear of them.. This airport is NOT compatible with GSX: https://www.fspilotshop.com/fsx-p3d-scenery-kboi-boise-air-terminal-gowen-field-for-fsx-and-p3d-p-7328.html

Thanks for all your help.

Troy
Troy Kemp

vysous

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 09:02:42 pm »
I can just confirm that moving the ORBX AEC file on top really does not work (I am not entirely sure why). It skrews everything in a strange way - taxiways and terminals (and also GSX gates) are at the original (before AEC) altitude, wheras the grass between them in the "AEC" altitude.

UAL4life

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 07:05:30 am »
I had this problem at MROC. Here's what I did. I made a very basic AFCAD using the software from the link below. Because of ORBX the airport is shown to be at 2997 feet, approx. The default in P3D V4 is 3021 feet. GSX reads the default so the gates appear up high. I did not like disabling the AEC file in ORBX because the airport gets messed up in the North America LC from Orbx. By creating my own basic AFCAD and resetting the altitude to the Orbx altitude, GSX now reads the new AFCAD and puts the gates at the correct altitude. I think this is the best way to do it.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799

Lee

Im really confused on how to create JUST an AFCAD, in ADE it seems it wants to recompile the entire airport? if you have the time can you walk me through how you did that? im struggling with Default KSTL. With Orbx AEC enabled for KSTL the Jetways are above the roofs, with AEC disabled they are floating still but lower than before... very frustrating :D

Shom

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 02:44:45 pm »
Umberto,
What could be the reason I am getting no jetways in this airport?
I have only ORBX Global & LC installed.

crauds

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 03:23:24 pm »
I had to do that with several airports after I installed ORBX LC but found that also VECTOR changed the elevations that several airport AFCAD's rested upon (that is why that file is below the AFCAD).  I had two choices: first was to find out if ORBX had its own designed airport AFCAD.  If so, I normally found it easier to disable it (change BGL to OFF) in the ORBX directory.  I found, however that disabling any of the elevation BGL's for an airport caused major distortions in the airport and the scenery.  So the only solution was to load the default airport into ADE (scruffyduck).  I then loaded a default 737 and set it on the runway of that airport.  I know that the elevation top menu line reads 10 ft above the airport elevation.  So I loaded the default airport into ADE and in ADE/tools menu I selected "change airport reference data" and set the new corrected airport elevation.  I then saved and compiled my corrected airport.  Compiling it placed it in "addon" scenery file so it was now above the original default.  After restarting FSX all my scenery elements at that airport appeared to be in sync since GSX2 reads that top most AFCAD.

The key is that you don't have to "create" a new airport, just load the default, change the field elevation in the AFCAD, and then recompile it.  Now, I have FSX, but the same technique hopefully will work equally well in P3D.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Shom

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:20 am »
OK I can confirm I have no issues with KBOI 3rd party airport.
For some reason there were no jet-ways when adding the scenery in the scenery library AFTER launching the sim. Not sure why...
However when adding the scenery prior to launch the jet-ways appear perfectly.

Shom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 02:01:15 pm »
All the information about creating a new altitude correction file found in this thread are now obsolete since the Nov. 2nd Live Update, which allows you to override the altitude in the GSX scenery customization page so, there's no need to disable the airport in AEC (if you have Orbx Vector installed) or to create an altitude correction .BGL anymore.