Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Battery Charger  (Read 3822 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 Battery Charger
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:20:21 pm »
If that is possible, why are there no GPU available in GSX (as requested a very long time ago) ?

We modeled a long time ago but, as explained so many times, bugfixes and user support always come first before adding new features. Now that we added a lot of new features with the expansion, we'll try to make them as stable as possible, in order to go back making new features again.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:06:26 pm »
but we have more gates without a gateway or without sode.
So, dosent it make more sense first to implement a GPU then this Bat Loader you added?
I know a lot of pilots who does not install the sode gateways because it makes to much work to setup them all.
Also in the last disussion you told me that it is not possible because a GPU can not work as a bat loader. But now
it is possible with your Gateway bat loader ??? hmm....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:08:22 pm by mroschk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:06:23 pm »
So, dosent it make more sense first to implement a GPU then this Bat Loader you added?

It obviously make more sense to add a battery charger feature to our SODE jetways, which are the main feature of the Level 2 expansion, and it's something that could be added easily, because the power unit is ALREADY THERE, without having to create a new kind of service vehicle, with its own customization options, paths, attach points on the airplane that must customized too, etc.

]I know a lot of pilots who does not install the sode gateways because it makes to much work to setup them all.

That's precisely the reason why we wanted to show yet another benefit of using them. Of course, those using default airports already have the jetways automatically replaced.

Also in the last disussion you told me that it is not possible because a GPU can not work as a bat loader. But now it is possible with your Gateway bat loader ??? hmm....

That's not what I said. I said we must be careful touching 3rd party airplanes systems, since by default, a GPU doesn't exists. And, in fact, the batter charger DOES NOT charge anything, if the airplane is flagged as having a custom electrical system, and this won't change even when we'll have a separate GPU *vehicle*.

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 11:13:21 am »
the batter charger DOES NOT charge anything

...and thats exactly, what i request this time.
Just a fake GPU, but because you dont want to implement this,meybe because its me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:23:05 am »
..and thats exactly, what i request this time. Just a fake GPU, but because you dont want to implement this,meybe because its me.

I believe you asked for this so many times and, so many times, you have always been replied with "we'll do it a real GPU". Now that we have a battery charged, a GPU vehicle WILL come, as I think I already clearly explained in my first reply:

Now that we added a lot of new features with the expansion, we'll try to make them as stable as possible, in order to go back making new features again.

Do you think the expansion is already "as stable as possible", so it's ok to start working on new features ?