Author Topic: Flutter Issue Has Returned  (Read 4673 times)

ReggieC

Flutter Issue Has Returned
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:27:13 pm »
Greetings F/A-18 Team,

As I know you are working on issues with version 18.4, I wanted to advise you that the elevator flutter issue that I thought I had resolved has returned. I am using the Saitek X-56 Advanced Control Flight System and have calibrated it using the Saitek calibration program and the P3dv4.3 calibration program within the platform. Nothing seems to work. I did not have this issue with any of the previous versions.

My system is comprised of:

AMD 4100FX - 3.6 Mhz 4 core processor
8Gb Ram
GTX 1050ti with 4Gb
Orbx Global, Vector, OpenLC North America, HD Trees, and Lights.
Active Sky for P3Dv4

I have ran the program with Active Sky on and off, neither seems to affect or fix the problem. (I thought it might be excessive wind)
I tried the version 18.3 .air file with version 18.4, but still have the flutter.

I don't know if others are having this problem, but I hope you can find a fix for Version 18.5. This aircraft is amazing and it is the primary aircraft I fly in the platform. If there is anything else you would like for me to try and report, please let me know.

Thank you and highest regards,
Reggie

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: Flutter Issue Has Returned
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:10:28 pm »
Reggie,

Read ya loud n clear brother.  I'll take a look when I get the chance.

Meanwhile:
-Do you have C++ distributable installed?
-Any other joysticks/yokes or anything else assigned to your X/Y axis besides your X-56?
-Do you have FSUIPC installed/running
-Do you have your FCS file in the correct place.  (Remember that the FCS.dll file is now read from the Panel. Fleet folder with the new, updated versions of P3Dv4 and not from the P3Dv4/Gauges folder as with previous versions
-If none of the above fixes your issue, please do me a favor and download and reinstall 18.3 and tell me if it still functions normally. 

Thanks.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ReggieC

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »
Thanks Jimi, will give these a try and report back. Did you mean download and reinstall 18.4??

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:31:01 pm »
Thanks Jimi, will give these a try and report back. Did you mean download and reinstall 18.4??

Nope.  I meant reinstall 18.3.  As you said before, things worked in the 18.3, but not with the 18.4 right?  I'm curious if the problem goes away again if you go BACK to the last known good install or if it remains even if you go back to the last known good install.

Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ReggieC

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 01:14:04 am »
Sorry Sir, Should have stated in my initial message. Version 18.3 works perfectly.

I have FSUPIC install (latest unregistered version)
I have FCS in the panel file (I removed an older version from the Gauge file)
I have several versions of C++ installed, both X64 and X86: 2005, 2008 (3 versions), 2010, 2012, 2013 (3 versions), and 2015. Should I have this many?
I will have to check to see if my mouse is connected to yoke activity.

Something interesting I have noted. The wild oscillations occur in full burner at takeoff and gear up. The control stick in the cockpit is moving back and forth about 3 inches. When I come out of burner, the flutter subsides to very minimal, still noticable, but very subtle. At this point, I can go in and out of burner as much as I want and the oscillations still remain, but very slightly. The control stick moves back and forth about an inch.

Again, version 18.3 has no problems. Nor do any other of my many aircraft in the sim. I have disconnected the mouse/yoke function.

At one point when I started the sim, I got the red FCS FAIL indication in the HUD. I did not have the oscillations when that occurred. When I restarted the sim, there was no red FCS Fail and the oscillations returned.

I completely uninstalled Version 18.4 and reinstalled it along with C++ 2015. The problem still exists. I will reinstall version 18.3 and let you know how it goes.

Thank you,
Reggie
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:26:17 pm by ReggieC »

ReggieC

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 04:39:18 pm »
Hi Jimi,

I have downloaded and reinstalled version 18.3. It is working just fine.

Regards,
Reggie

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:44:51 pm »
Reggie,

Give this one a go and let me know if you still have issues:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zpdRcmqcju13dB9mbNJT17F2xVWCoTee

Actually, never mind.  Forgot that one is for FSX...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:18:21 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels