Author Topic: I just test Kfll  (Read 11391 times)

nevetrek

I just test Kfll
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:43:00 pm »
Hello, Great day today
You released KFLL and Aerosoft just release also Las Palmas LEPA  in same time .... ;D ;D

I just download Kfll for test ...
I play with FS9 ... I have some regrets ... no vehiculls move in airport or road ???
I think for this scenery and price 1 AES lite with vehicul move is very great ...  ;)
And others ... for FS9 ... do you no missed textures just next to airport ???

Same the others side of runway

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:23:45 am by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I just test Kfll
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:22:57 am »
There's nothing wrong with the scenery in your screenshot, this is how is supposed to look like, the highway is not entirely in 3d, the rest is supposed to be draw by the roads of the scenery underneath, which might be the default one, or any other terrain addon.

The issue is, the 3d roads are designed to match with the FSX default scenery, which is much more precise than FS9's, but we thought that nobody nowadays uses FS9 with everything in default, if you use a product like Ultimate Terrain USA, it should get you much more precise road network, that will probably match our 3d highways.

cloud9

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:25 am »
The issue is, the 3d roads are designed to match with the FSX default scenery, which is much more precise than FS9's, but we thought that nobody nowadays uses FS9 with everything in default, if you use a product like Ultimate Terrain USA, it should get you much more precise road network, that will probably match our 3d highways.

Umberto, that means we have to buy an additional addon to see the airport with it's surrounding roads in FS9?  :-\
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:58:18 am »
Umberto, that means we have to buy an additional addon to see the airport with it's surrounding roads in FS9?

You are seeing the airport and it works. We are not replacing the surrounding scenery because the vast majority of users (especially with FS9) already have some kind of background scenery that want to use so, it doesn't make much sense to replicate that and it doesn't make much sense risking a possible conflict. The only obvious choice is just modeling our part as accurately as possible and, if your other scenery has the same level of accuracy, they WILL match.

Also, at *some* point, the scenery will end in any case so, even if we modeled some roads around the airports, if you have just the FS9 default scenery, you will see some kind of bad transition at some place in any case.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:05:37 pm »
Hi

What is the best aditional scenery in order to avoid those bad transitions?

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:06:30 pm »
UT Usa usually works very well.

cloud9

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 05:00:15 pm »
You are seeing the airport and it works. We are not replacing the surrounding scenery because the vast majority of users (especially with FS9) already have some kind of background scenery that want to use so, it doesn't make much sense to replicate that and it doesn't make much sense risking a possible conflict. The only obvious choice is just modeling our part as accurately as possible and, if your other scenery has the same level of accuracy, they WILL match.

hmm ... i see - your opinion.

i don't want to have an argument about it because it doesn't help anyone, but if i may i will tell you my point of sight:

addon scenery creation has to begin with the default and basic where other things are be set on it. additional it would be nice from a creator to put some extras in the installer for special addons like e.g. UT. Aerosoft for instance is doing it.

i think it is no good practice to setup the surrounding from an airport to another addon.

my two cents
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:08:00 pm by cloud9 »
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:05:26 pm »
i think it is no good practice to setup the surrounding from an airport to another addon.

That's not the case, we haven't matched to "another addon", we just modeled the highway in its correct position and shape, which is the only thing that makes sense to do.  If you have a scenery addon that is accurate enough, whichever it is, it will probably match our highway.

As I've said already, the scenery WILL end at a certain point so, even if we added some roads around the airport, they WOULD clash with the default anyway, just the clash would appear a little bit farther away, but there will be some kind of ankward transition and mismatch at some point.

We always heard that the vast majority of FS9 users doesn't fly with default scenery anymore, that's why we take it from granted that some kind of improved scenery might be already installed.

cloud9

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:39:17 pm »
i see Umberto!  ;D

i got the differgence that many try to fit to the FS stock scenery.

the point i don't use UT are many reasons 1) there is always anywhere a incompatibility and 2) i don't look around during flight with "havy metal". the only point i get a rid of terrain it is during approach and taxi and believe me - it don't depends on additional costs for UT-Anywhere by up to 600 fltsim-entries.  ;)

thank you for your time!

p.s.: i must say i love all of your FS products & enjoy them very much!

btw: is there a chance once a day to see Anchorage (PANC) or is it complete out of your intension?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:41:44 pm by cloud9 »
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 11:13:55 pm »
is there a chance once a day to see Anchorage (PANC) or is it complete out of your intension?

I'd say that PANC is under strong consideration.

We always hear users suggestions and, PANC has been brought up many times, by many different people, as well as PHNL, for example. So, these two are on a very short list having a very high chance to be done, we can't say when, but they are both strong candidates.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:36:38 pm by virtuali »

cloud9

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 11:32:52 pm »
 :o Umberto i'm a little bit astonished to hear so good news! i never believed that PANC comes into a final decision! great!

but PHNL as you say is also a stepchild (the latest release of PHNL was with World Airports 2 i think ...). so i'm hoping Fsdt will do both fpr FS9 & FSX ;)  ;D
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

nevetrek

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 03:25:27 am »

Umberto, that means we have to buy an additional addon to see the airport with it's surrounding roads in FS9?  :-\

Yes + 1
All people no buy all ad-on, river, road, mech ... for all the world ... :-\
Add-on Florida photoreal, there is no product release on Blue Sky or Mega Scenery !!!
O.K., I buy all for Europe ... but for U.S., I just buy the great airport and I make my fly by default scenery F.S. ...
Some other manufactured airport for F.S. make à little surrounding airport, 1 or 2 Km outside the limit airport for pleasent approch ... look Fly Tampa or some Aerosoft programs ...  I never have a problem with the Add-on ground ... river or road  :-\ :-\ ( sorry for English ) ...

I find this add-on for agrea your Scenery,
http://www.feelthere.com/2005/florida.html
do you test this add-on with KFLL ?

That's a critique ... but Thank you for your job !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 08:27:58 am »
The issue is what we explained many times already:

The scenery is NOT developed on FS9. It's developed entirely in FSX. The FS9 version is just the same as the FSX version, except for things that FS9 doesn't support, like road traffic, animated jetways, animated service vehicles, etc.

Since the FSX default scenery is much better than FS9 and it doesn't require buying another addon, we don't design anything outside the airport, because what's outside the airport in FSX is quite enough to have a realistic rendition. The 3d highway obviously matches the FSX default scenery perfectly.

So, the scenery is just like that, because we don't ADD anything to the FS9 version of the scenery something that would be needed only to supply to an FS9 shortcoming.

Much so in this case, were most of FS9 users usually say they still use FS9 because of the large number of addons the have and because often you read comments that FS9, fully stuffed with terrain addons, looks almost as good as FSX, so we just assume that not many are still using FS9 with default scenery only.

nevetrek

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 12:18:36 pm »
Much so in this case, were most of FS9 users usually say they still use FS9 because of the large number of addons the have and because often you read comments that FS9, fully stuffed with terrain addons, looks almost as good as FSX, so we just assume that not many are still using FS9 with default scenery only.

I understand ...
Yes ... me too  The same situation for me ;) I have on my P.C. FS9 and FSX ... but I continue play every time with FS9 !!! Why .... ??? You write the answers !
But very great for your manufacture FSdreamteam (and Aerosoft) ... When buy one product, we receive FS9 and FSX for the same price  ;D...  Very Very thank you for this ! :)
Great