Author Topic: Live update keeps deleting my custom CYVR_AP.bgl  (Read 2954 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Live update keeps deleting my custom CYVR_AP.bgl
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:28:44 pm »
 Live update NEVER used to do this and now it's continual. I have my version named the same as FSDT's and it doesn't ask or prompt to overwrite like it does at every other FSDT airport that I have custom airport files. Is there also a possibility to have GSX NOT delete files that have an .OFF extension or something similar? It's annoying to have backup files stored just outside of the scenery folder and Live Update deletes those too without backing them up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live update keeps deleting my custom CYVR_AP.bgl
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:05:54 pm »
Live update NEVER used to do this and now it's continual.

That's because CYVR is different and requires a different kind of Live Update (some of the textures are created by the installer) and, there was just a bug. It's fixed now with the current Live Update.

Note that, if you don't remove jetways from your custom AFCAD, you'll see double jetways, because we added the SODE ones and removed the ones in the ACAD.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 01:45:47 am »
  I replaced all of the jetways on my own as my YVR afcad has current gate numbering as well as a ridiculous amount of customization for AI etc. The issues I see though (besides the lack of AI awareness) are not having the ability to adjust the height of the jetway to match the scenery and odd angles where the base of the jetway doesn't properly sit up against the terminal.
 Still though, having GSX not just delete other airport files even if they are outside of the airport's scenery folder would be nice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 10:40:56 am »
The issues I see though (besides the lack of AI awareness) are not having the ability to adjust the height of the jetway to match the scenery and odd angles where the base of the jetway doesn't properly sit up against the terminal.

Which is why, we added new variants (labeled "higher") of the JBT model, which should fit more airports. The reason why you cannot adjust the jetway height freely, has been discussed many times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18161.msg128163.html#msg128163

Still though, having GSX not just delete other airport files even if they are outside of the airport's scenery folder would be nice.

We had this feature for years, but we don't recommend it (that's why is not documented), and it's the creation of a blank file named DONTUDPATE in a folder you don't want the Live Update to go into.