Author Topic: Aircraft in and around KFLL have disappeared since installing FSDreamTeam KFLL  (Read 8441 times)

eefields

Good afternoon,

I purchased the KFLL scenery this afternoon.  However, after I installed it, I cannot see other aircraft at or around KFLL. I can see other aircraft at KMIA.  I am on VATSIM.

I also noticed that my tugs and other big trucks like fire trucks are missing their wheels.  Any ideas?

I am running FSX on a Vista 64 bit computer. 

Thanks,

Eric Fields

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We can see AI traffic alright...Which kind of traffic are you using ? If you are using FS9 models in FSX, have you tried turning Airplane shadows off to see if they reappear ?

Also, the missing wheels, do not have anything to do with the scenery, they might have disappeared because you used the SmallPartRejectRadius tweak in the FSX.CFG, which is a performance tweak that it's usually suggested on forum to improve AI performances. It's not related in any way with our sceneries, and we don't change it at all but, you can set it easily with the Addon Manager interface.

If the wheels are missing only from a distance, instead, it might just be LOD in action.

eefields

I only fly online with VATSIM.  I have my AI down to 0 so I only actually see the aircraft that are flying.

Hope that helps.

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So, that's nothing related to the scenery.

I don't know exactly how online aircraft on VATSIM are displayed but, if they use their own custom module, is this one appears to be working ?

Perhaps, is the old FSX problem of a module that doesn't work after one has been just trusted so, the VATSIM module (assuming there is one, sorry, I don't know how that system works) is not working because you have just trusted our module.

Usually, a Windows reboot fixes this. Or, you can try reinstalling the VATSIM software.

eefields

Well, I am not so sure.   On my most recent flight into KFLL, I was able to see an aircraft that was following until about the time he got on final for 27R.  He then disappeared, all except for his landing lights.  I can look at traffic at other airports and everything is OK.  This is not happening with my FSDReam Team ORD scenery only at KFLL.  And KFLL used to work fine until I installed FS Dream Team.

Also, I parked at gat F7 and pressed CTRL + J for the bridge.  It moved the F5 bridge instead.

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
He then disappeared, all except for his landing lights. 

Than it's the same problem of AI models not made for FSX, even if you are not using AI but flying online, the models are just like AI and, if they are made for FS9 and used in FSX, they'll disappear if the airpor is using custom runway textures.

Well known problem: happens at Zurich as well, and any other airport that has a custom runway, like many from Aerosoft, for example.

As I've said in my first message, Is fixed by turning airplane shadows off. Or, of course, by using AI models thare are native FSX.

eefields

Umberto,

I will try and turn off the shadows to see if that helps.  I will let you know.

Thanks,

Eric