Author Topic: KFLL - Early Observations  (Read 35822 times)

cloud9

Re: KFLL - Early Observations
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 04:40:19 pm »
Eric, i have now done the palm-patch. it's better but not good - have a look:

pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

scoeva

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:00 am »
Greetings,

Regarding the shutdown issue after installing KFLL i do have this. I have all the FSDT sceneries installed and all the sceneries are up to date. It is the common message "FS has encountered an error and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience" . This message appears about 1-2 minutes after FS is closed.

In my case the faulty module was util.dll

My FS is updated at 9.1

Before I had FLL installed I never had a problem with all FSDT sceneries installed.

thanks,
Thierry

Hello all,

I thought I should let you know that I received this same error for the first time about 4 days ago after I purchased Aerosofts Mega Airport Lisbon for FS9. This was obviously before I even had FSDT's KFLL installed.

Scott

Sekhet

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:49:16 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I too am getting the FS needs to close error a few minutes after I close FS9.  I also encountered this error when I was in game at KFLL and used the “Go to airport” feature to move to a different airport from KFLL.  I have never experienced this error before with FS9 on either of my systems.  Both installations of FS9 are identical and the systems are identical.  I have been able to reproduce these errors consistently on both systems and only after I have installed KFLL.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Other than the above I have to say that I am very pleased with KFLL in FS9.  The frame rates are very good, and the detail is outstanding. 
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 07:44:43 pm »
We think to have found the problem. Thanks to the user rduda, that we thanks for this, we discovered this is a  well known FS9 bug ( well, we never heard about it: :o) ), related to a way to create an elevated platform command, used on the 3 parking lots, which crashes util.dll.

We'll probably be able to fix it, be redoing the platform in a different way.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:06:49 am by virtuali »

rduda

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 07:59:41 pm »
You're welcome. Take all the time you need to fix it.

All the best.
Rainer.
German Airports-, Sim-Wings- and AES-Betateam (and others...)

Sekhet

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:06 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you for looking into this and thanks to Rainer for identifying the cause.  And as Rainer said, take all the time you need to fix it.  I’m sure that I’m safe to say that we all appreciate your dedication to creating a top quality product.

Again, Thank you!
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 11:07:02 pm »
WTG Rainer!  ;)

JFKpilot

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:39 am »
Rainer!

Mathijs is going to kill you for improving a competitor's product!  ;D Just kidding of course.

Thank you for reporting this, the fs9ers appreciate it.
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

RVG458

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 07:18:39 am »
I just thought I'd chime in and say I have the same issues too. Add a bit more "fuel to the fire" ;D. FS error message and an auto MS restart about 10 seconds after shutting it down. Also get the "FS needs to close" box after selecting go to airport in the middle of a flight. No big deal guys, take your time on the fix. Thanks for the great scenery!

rduda

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 08:46:43 am »
Rainer!

Mathijs is going to kill you for improving a competitor's product!  ;D Just kidding of course.

Thank you for reporting this, the fs9ers appreciate it.

;D :D Hihi, I like this idea. :)
Then he would have killed me several times during the last years because of my ongoing beta-screenshots from my design friends, who further support FS9. My screens show how we can close the gap to FSX with using of other addons.

@all: Thanks for the kind words. I hope it will be possible that (for example) Oliver can do some AESlight traffic around KLAS and KFLL. That would be a great assistence and all FS9-friends would loose the emptiness on the streets. Its now up to FSDreamteam to first fix their KFLL and then - maybe - pick up this possibility. I would like it. :)

All the best,
Rainer.
German Airports-, Sim-Wings- and AES-Betateam (and others...)

cloud9

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 12:11:45 pm »
I hope it will be possible that (for example) Oliver can do some AESlight traffic around KLAS and KFLL. That would be a great assistence and all FS9-friends would loose the emptiness on the streets.

hello Rainer!

hehe - Oliver MUST do this!  ;D  ;)

but you're right! only words and we all can only hope he will do (at least i will appreciate it very much)!
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

christiaan

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »
Is there an indication when the FS9 version of KFLL will be altered due to the error faults notices.

I have recently had a major computer problem due to error notices which meant that I had to fork out a few euro's to have it corrected.

Therefore I am very wary of downloading the airport at this moment as a error notice may unwillingly trigger some other problem on my computer.

FSDT has in the past often sorted out customer problems very quickly, so here's hoping for the same good service.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 01:46:00 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 06:59:46 pm »
The update is out now.

AaronMyers

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 01:48:50 am »
Reference the palm tree textures showing a blue halo around them, this happened with Fly Tampa's TNCM release. Read this thread here to understand what is happening and read Martin's post inside the thread to fix the issue: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2263&highlight=palm+tree

I have the same halo issue, and the conversion didn't seem to help. Anyone recal what disk the default tree textures can be found?

AaronMyers

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 02:02:58 am »
Found them on disk two and still didn't change anything. Seems most prominent when the parking garage is behind them like the system doesn't see it as solid. Below the horizon the problem goes away. No idea, but here is an illustration.