Author Topic: No sode jetways CYVR after update **SOLVED**  (Read 13306 times)

don4444

No sode jetways CYVR after update **SOLVED**
« on: September 30, 2018, 10:35:35 pm »
Hi .I just did the latest update and there are no sode jetways. I have gsx level 2 and using fsx. My sode jetways at kclt and kiad are fine as well at my default airports.
There has to be a glitch somewhere. I also reinstalled cyvr over the current installation but there was no change. Ive attached a pic to show you what Im looking at.
Don
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:39:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No sode jetways CYVR after update
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:57:21 pm »
It's normal, if you had a customization file for CYVR you made in the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\GSX folder, which you must remove it in order to see jetways.

Of course, you can still add your customization now, to create a new .INI but, since your old one was made pre-GSX Level 2, it didn't contained any jetways but, being your own .INI file, it takes precedence over our updaated customization in the Fsdreamteam\CYVR\scenery folder, so you must remove your old file.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:52:36 pm by virtuali »

don4444

Re: No sode jetways CYVR after update
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:28:58 pm »
Your the man LOL thanks I removed the ini file as you suggested and we are good to go.
Don

kootdude

Re: No sode jetways CYVR after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:49:39 pm »
Can you tell me where to look for the ini file as I don't have any jetways either.  Don't remember customizing the file.

don4444

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:36 pm »
hi
I have FSX and windows 10. I found it in username/appdata/roaming/virtuali/gsx.   remove any cyvr**** .ini file in there and that should do the trick

Don

kootdude

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 11:41:50 pm »
Thanks - found it.   Was looking under fsdt or dream team and not virtuali.  removed the file and all is good now

FlyingAce

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:58:32 pm »
Ok, I followed your suggestion and deleted the old ini file. The jetways are now visible but non-operational and still SODE is not available.

Tony
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:53:51 pm »
Ok, I followed your suggestion and deleted the old ini file. The jetways are now visible but non-operational and still SODE is not available.

It's not clear from your message if SODE was already unavailable when the sim started, or it became unavailable after using it.

FlyingAce

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 03:16:17 pm »
It's not clear from your message if SODE was already unavailable when the sim started, or it became unavailable after using it.

Unavailable when the sim started.
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 10:41:39 am »
Unavailable when the sim started.

Ok, so the problem is entirely unrelated to GSX. Try this:

- Restart Windows

- Start the SODE Platform Manager, and see if it reports SODE as being correctly registered in the sim.

FlyingAce

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 02:28:16 pm »
Ok, so the problem is entirely unrelated to GSX

Hahahahaha of course not. It never has anything to do with your products. I'm not even going to bother debating this with you. I'm just going to follow your instructions to see where this leads.

I did everything you suggested and yes SODE is correctly registered.

Tony B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 11:26:54 am »
Hahahahaha of course not. It never has anything to do with your products. I'm not even going to bother debating this with you

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I based by reply because I trusted your report, which said SODE wasn't even available on the sim on start, which leads to believe you had an installation problem with it. Which is why, I replied with the most correct course of action, which is checking if SODE is correctly registered in the simulator.

There WAS a reason why my question was made this way:

If your "Unavailable when the sim started." reply was accurate, then my reply "the problem is entirely unrelated to GSX" was correct, since I asked if you tried to use it (from GSX, of course), but you said you haven't, and it was already unavailable when the sim started.

I did everything you suggested and yes SODE is correctly registered

Then it's not possible it wouldn't be available at the simulator startup. I'll try to rephrase my question more clearly:

- Do you have the SODE menu when the simulator starts, *BEFORE* even starting GSX ? If yes, maybe you meant the "unavailable" message came only AFTER you used GSX, meaning SODE started fine, but for some reason had a problem solving the jetway ?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:31:26 am by virtuali »

FlyingAce

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:02:43 am »
Do you have the SODE menu when the simulator starts, *BEFORE* even starting GSX ?

I still don't understand what you mean. How can one have SODE menu before even starting GSX. When I start the simulator, both SODE and GSX are started automatically and both are available in the Add-Ons menu.
Tony B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 02:16:18 pm »
I still don't understand what you mean. How can one have SODE menu before even starting GSX.

Exactly in the way you wrote in the next line:

When I start the simulator, both SODE and GSX are started automatically and both are available in the Add-Ons menu.

That's it. So, you DO have the SODE menu before starting GSX. So, if I understand correctly, SODE *disappears* after using GSX ?