Author Topic: Baggage handler refuse to "go home"  (Read 3918 times)

joefackel

Baggage handler refuse to "go home"
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:38:37 pm »
Hi,

yesterday after landing my PMDG 737 at ORBX Bilbao Airport i watched the deboarding from the outside. First it all looked good but after the end of the deboarding the baggage guys still stood on their belt cars and just refused to drive off. I then called also the catering service, these guys made their job and get back to their stations when the baggage guys still stood on their vehicles and enjoyed the mild autumn sun.

Maybe a bug in GSX or on my side (NGX? ORBX Airport?)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage handler refuse to "go home"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:13:01 pm »
Please report back if it happens on another airport. If it doesn't, it might be something strange in that scenery AFCAD.

joefackel

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:09 am »
Hi,

yesterday i had an flight from LEBB to LSZH (from FSDT of course  ;D) and parked at GATE A57. After deboarding completed the baggage handlers ended loading the luggage but didn't leave the scene.

Maybe they are supposed to wait for loading the baggage for the next flight?

BR
Joe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:49:05 am »
After deboarding completed the baggage handlers ended loading the luggage but didn't leave the scene.

That's not a bug, it's how GSX is supposed to work.

Maybe they are supposed to wait for loading the baggage for the next flight?

Exactly. It would seem a bit redundant if the loaders were retreating back to their home position, only to move again as soon as you ask Boarding.

In addition to that, if they stay there for the likely subsequent operations (Catering, Refueling), we reduce the chance they could conflict with those other vehicles in their home position, which is always different depending on the parking size, and can even by user customized. At the airplane door, we always know where they are.

joefackel

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:03:35 am »
Ah, okay, that makes sense  8)

For me it looked strange because after deboarding i like strolling around on the apron and wondered what the handlers are waiting for  :D

Thx for clearing that up!

supersym

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 05:28:01 pm »
Hi,
It's the same with Level 2. But the engine'cars  are always on. It's not realistic.
Would it  be possible to send them home ? like it was in the firsts versions ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 11:23:35 pm »
Would it  be possible to send them home ? like it was in the firsts versions ?

As I've said: if they stay there for the likely subsequent operations (Catering, Refueling), we reduce the chance they could conflict with those other vehicles in their home position, which is always different depending on the parking size, and can even by user customized. At the airplane door, we always know where they are.

supersym

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 08:20:11 am »
Not very realistic that the man remain seated and waiting...
and for the engine's car ? Is that possible to shutdown ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 10:19:02 am »
As I've said: if they stay there for the likely subsequent operations (Catering, Refueling), we reduce the chance they could conflict with those other vehicles in their home position, which is always different depending on the parking size, and can even by user customized. At the airplane door, we always know where they are.

So, choose if you prefer the unrealistically man waiting, or the vehicles unrealistically clashing into each other. Sometimes, you must do a compromise, and choose the lesser of the two evils.

supersym

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 10:38:23 am »
it would be  easy to delay the others cars and let's the first going out.
This  is what happens with the bus of the passagers. I don't see why it would not be possible to do the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 10:42:32 am »
Everything in GSX is already made with delays, and that's something we would like to change entirely, for a future update.

supersym

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 10:45:00 am »
So if you could take a look about that in the futures updates, it would be amazing  :)