Author Topic: cyvr upgrade **SOLVED**  (Read 5018 times)

Michael1

cyvr upgrade **SOLVED**
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:24:56 pm »
no buildings or jetyways after upgrade today
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:59:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cyvr upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 05:32:40 pm »
Jetway, it's normal if you had a customization file for CYVR you made in the %APPDATA%\GSX folder, and you must remove it in order to see jetways.

Buildings, not normal, and shouldn't happen. Try to download the CYVR installer and install that one.

Michael1

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 05:46:17 pm »
by downloading the installer, you mean the setup.exe file?   Also, I reset the entire airport,  and all the vehicles and jetways appeared, but still no buildings. So onto this solution

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
by downloading the installer, you mean the setup.exe file? 

Also, I reset the entire airport,  and all the vehicles and jetways appeared

That's because reset on the whole airport does exactly what I told to do in the first point of my previous reply: it will remove your customization under %APPDATA%\GSX, which took precedence over the new one we made for the update, which now includes jetways.

but still no buildings. So onto this solution

Some wasn't right in your previous install, maybe it came from a very old installer. I tried both the Live Update over a previous install and a fresh install with the installer, and they both work just fine.

Michael1

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 06:14:28 pm »
I uninstalled the entire airport and reinstalled the fresh after downloading a new set up from FSDT. No improvement. I can't understand what has changed on my end?

Michael1

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 06:47:47 pm »
I understand that it must be frustrating for you and your team, when you test a product and cant reproduce the problems some of us are having. Please understand that it is no less frustrating for us, when things were working and suddenly they are not. Trying to trouble shoot is difficult

Michael1

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:43 pm »
so, i've reinstalled version 1.5.7.0 twice. each time everything worke. however, on the first install, i also subsequently installed the upgrade. after which all th buildings disappeared again. So I'll stick with the old version, until I can make sense out of what it is in the upgrade that is excluding the buildings and ground textures

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 11:21:50 am »
Please reinstall using only the new installer, take note how many seasons you chose at installation, and report back if you still have the problem.

Michael1

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 04:53:52 pm »
If I recall, I installed using 3 seasons ; spring, fall, winter? Also, each time I've uninstalled CYVR before reinstalling with the new installer in this order 1) reset the airport to it's default settings so the custom .bgl is deleted  and no longer appears in the GSX control panel 2) deactivate scenery in the FSX scenery library 3) uninstall the scenery through add/remove programs and 4) restart computer. Once more unto the breach...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:26 pm »
2) deactivate scenery in the FSX scenery library 3) uninstall the scenery through add/remove programs

You shouldn't do #2 manually, since the uninstaller will do that automatically.

Michael1

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 05:21:34 pm »
I regret to report the new install didn't work either and this time, I installed only the evergreen option for seasons. Again, all the jetways load and even function, there is ground traffic and airport vehicles, but no ground textures or buildings. I also observed with the original install, all ground traffic would stop as the buildings and textures loaded. With the upgrade, everything keeps moving. It as if the buildings aren't even part of the scenery any longer, which is preposterous, I know. Is there any file(s) I can attach which might give you insight into the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 06:13:52 pm »
Are you using FSX ? We found the problem and yes, it was a bug in the FSX code only. Run the Live Update now, it should work.

Michael1

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 07:03:01 pm »
yes, FSX. On my way to run the live update :D

Michael1

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 07:23:20 pm »
Put this in the solved category!!! Awesome job! Thanks for the help. Everything works very well