Author Topic: no buildings or textures **SOLVED**  (Read 4354 times)

homer79

no buildings or textures **SOLVED**
« on: September 29, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »

hi Guys
My Vancouver Airport is not working anymore. have no buildings or textures on the taxiways or runways. I also completely uninstalled the scenery and downloaded and installed a new installer. no chance. there are still no textures or buildings to see.

best regards
Mario
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:39:27 pm by virtuali »

homer79

Re: no buildings or textures
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »

ok .... I have reinstalled the scenery over an older installer. scenery works perfectly. then the live update was executed ...... and suddenly all the buildings, terminals and textures disappeared. only black jetways can be seen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:00:04 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this.

What do you mean with "I have reinstalled the scenery over an older installer" ? You reinstalled using an old installer, or you reinstalled with the new installer over an old installation ?

I tried both doing Live Update over an old installation made with the old installer, and it works.

I tied it with the new installer, and it works as well.

Something was wrong with your previous installation, try to download the updated full installer for CYVR, and use only that one.

Michael1

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:35:43 am »

ok .... I have reinstalled the scenery over an older installer. scenery works perfectly. then the live update was executed ...... and suddenly all the buildings, terminals and textures disappeared. only black jetways can be seen.
same for me. I'm fine using the scenery without the latest update, it's just frustrating not to know where the conflict is. Anyways, It has allowed me to get better at editing jetways in GSX...

homer79

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:52:39 am »
So, that was so ... after I installed the new live update, I flew to cyvr. there was the above-mentioned problem. then I completely uninstalled the scenery and downloaded and installed the current installer via the fsdreamteam hompage. I still had the proplem. After some experimenting, I then uninstalled everything again and took a cyvr installer, which I downloaded before, I believe, four months or so. it worked. all buildings and textures there. but as soon as I install the live update, the problem is back.

Michael1

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:57:02 am »
exactly as it is here. It's as if the update excludes the buildings and textures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 11:20:05 am »
As I've said, I cannot reproduce the problem, neither with Live Update over an old installer, or with the new installer. Have you tried with the updated installer for CYVR ?

Also, do you recall with how many seasons you originally installed the scenery ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 06:14:22 pm »
Are you using FSX ? We found the problem and yes, it was a bug in the FSX code only. Run the Live Update now, it should work.

Will Mayhew

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »
I was having the same problem, but after the latest update today CYVR is working again THANK YOU!!!

homer79

Re: no buildings or textures **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 05:48:07 pm »

hello .... that's good news. Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Germany