Author Topic: Reaplacing SODE Jetways at KATL (imaginesim) with gsx jetways  (Read 5717 times)

flyboy53

Reaplacing SODE Jetways at KATL (imaginesim) with gsx jetways
« on: September 29, 2018, 04:27:09 am »
Thought I'd put this up there.. I know some folks were wondering how to properely replace Jetways on SODE jetway airports.. with the GSX Jetways...
I tried to post this in the shared section but I got an error....
So I hope this is useful to some of you for this airport and other SODE embedded airports....

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK it worked fine for me.... Tedious 1 by one editing...

1. Go to your C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE folder (Yours may be different) and open the xml folder.
2. Make a copy of "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml" to "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.bak" in case things go wrong....
3. Delete "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml"
4. Start your sim... load up an aircraft and youll notice there are no more jetways...
5. Open customize airport position and start adding 1 or more jetways
6. Select the jetway tab number if more than 1 and play around with all the different jetways and bridges... until it does what you want....
In my case... I wanted all the Heavy categorized Parking to have one jetway that could reach either  of the first two aircraft exits on a 747-8

In the video, I show how to add more than one Jetway to consecutively load the aircraft thru entry 1 & 2.... The configuration I used is just for presentation and in real life would have mechanical failures from both jetways sharing such a small axis point...
Enjoy...

Good luck.....

Baugham2

Re: Reaplacing SODE Jetways at KATL (imaginesim) with gsx jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:19:54 am »
Thanks for the info. I have now completed KATL and currently working on KAUS  and KLGA. All  3 are from ImagineSim and great airports. I was glad to be able to convert these. Thanks again.

BTW, wouldn’t know anything about converting Washington X from Drzewiecki Design would you?

DVA12924

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:50:22 pm »
I followed the steps exactly and never could get the jetways to remove so I could add GSX jetways.

I ended up having to move the SODE folder that ImagineSim installs into the KATL install folder out (it had a "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml" file in there) and it is now stored safely on an external drive, and then delete the "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml" file from the 12bPilot/SODE folder to get the jetways to disappear. Took me over an hour of trial and error to get that done. Now I have a 10 hour project of customizing GSX jetways to this airport!  ;D

Jonald

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:14:56 am »
Hey Baugham,

Any chance you made the KLGA ini?

Thanks for the info. I have now completed KATL and currently working on KAUS  and KLGA. All  3 are from ImagineSim and great airports. I was glad to be able to convert these. Thanks again.

BTW, wouldn’t know anything about converting Washington X from Drzewiecki Design would you?

marknie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:49:46 am »
Im slowly working on KLGA if nobody else is?
Capn Mark Niebauer

jg7xman

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 05:04:44 am »
Do any of you guys care to share KATL please?

jg7xman

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 05:11:14 am »
Flyboy - I tried your method, but when I selected F10, the jetway was placed to the right of the correct spot on the terminal. In your example it was placed in the correct position - how did it do that? Maybe you could share your work please? :'(

Thought I'd put this up there.. I know some folks were wondering how to properely replace Jetways on SODE jetway airports.. with the GSX Jetways...
I tried to post this in the shared section but I got an error....
So I hope this is useful to some of you for this airport and other SODE embedded airports....

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK it worked fine for me.... Tedious 1 by one editing...

1. Go to your C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE folder (Yours may be different) and open the xml folder.
2. Make a copy of "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml" to "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.bak" in case things go wrong....
3. Delete "ImagineSim_KATL3_PD4_Stands.xml"
4. Start your sim... load up an aircraft and youll notice there are no more jetways...
5. Open customize airport position and start adding 1 or more jetways
6. Select the jetway tab number if more than 1 and play around with all the different jetways and bridges... until it does what you want....
In my case... I wanted all the Heavy categorized Parking to have one jetway that could reach either  of the first two aircraft exits on a 747-8

In the video, I show how to add more than one Jetway to consecutively load the aircraft thru entry 1 & 2.... The configuration I used is just for presentation and in real life would have mechanical failures from both jetways sharing such a small axis point...
Enjoy...

Good luck.....