Author Topic: Jetways Gone from LAX  (Read 11294 times)

B777ER

Jetways Gone from LAX
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:49:08 pm »
Ran the live updater and it asked me if I wanted to update to the latest afcad for KLAX. I did an now all my jetways are gone. I did not do anythingn with GSX2 for LAX and have the latest LAX from you all. What happened?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Gone from LAX
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:51:07 pm »

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:14:20 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19071.0.html

Yep, that worked. Any others you all recently did that we need to make sure we delete the ini file?
Eric

donkey20048

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:25:29 pm »
hi quick question where do i find the ini file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 11:32:14 am »
hi quick question where do i find the ini file?

Just read the linked thread.

donkey20048

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 12:53:47 pm »
hi umberto i have removed the NINI file and let it rebuild its own again but i still have no jetways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »
hi umberto i have removed the NINI file and let it rebuild its own again but i still have no jetways

I'm not sure what do you mean with "let it rebuild its own again". The .INI file is not supposed to be rebuilt. GSX either use the one you made in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, or it use the one that comes with the scenery, under the Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\Scenery folder.

The parking customization page will TELL you which .INI (if any) is used by the scenery, and if it's under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, you must removed it and RESTART COUATL.

donkey20048

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 10:33:40 pm »
thanks umberto managed to get it sorted now - am i right thinking there are SODE now available for KLAX? if so where can i get it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 11:22:49 pm »
thanks umberto managed to get it sorted now - am i right thinking there are SODE now available for KLAX? if so where can i get it

If you did the Live Update and fixed the .INI file issue, you should see SODE jetways at KLAX now. They are easy to spot, since they have the gate number on top.

glc100o

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 06:35:23 am »
Hello,
I have run the latest  FSDT updater dated oct 9. I too have no jetways at all at KLAX. I do not know however when this happened as I have run also the full installer as requested with an earlier  recent update to allow level 2 features.  I see an ini file in Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\Scenery folder dated 9 October 2018. it references certain jetways but when I go to referenced gates or any gates  there are no jetways visible. I also have PHNL and PHOG and the jetways are present and work fine. I have updated to the latest update using previously using the full installer to get the level 2 at FSDT airports, but have not purchased Level 2 at this time. I have not reverted to the default jetways.  Please note that I never modified any gates so do not expect the ini in APPDATA to be the issue. Not sure what to do.

As a second question, reading this thread then are there now at KLAX only certain gates that will show up with a moveable gateway as opposed to all of them before the update to level 2? if so, how does one upon landing select a gate with a moveable SODE jetway? All the gates are labeled GA ramp for me, even before I updated.

Thanks

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 11:05:13 am »
I have run the latest  FSDT updater dated oct 9. I too have no jetways at all at KLAX.

The previous posts in this thread already indicated the solution.

I see an ini file in Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\Scenery folder dated 9 October 2018.

You must remove any other .INI file for KLAX in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder. If you don't, those customization files you made earlier, will take precedence over the updated .INI file in the Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\Scenery.

it references certain jetways but when I go to referenced gates or any gates  there are no jetways visible. I also have PHNL and PHOG and the jetways are present and work fine. I have updated to the latest update using previously using the full installer to get the level 2 at FSDT airports, but have not purchased Level 2 at this time. I have not reverted to the default jetways.  Please note that I never modified any gates so do not expect the ini in APPDATA to be the issue. Not sure what to do.

As a second question, reading this thread then are there now at KLAX only certain gates that will show up with a moveable gateway as opposed to all of them before the update to level 2? if so, how does one upon landing select a gate with a moveable SODE jetway? All the gates are labeled GA ramp for me, even before I updated.

Thanks

Greg
[/quote]

glc100o

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:21 pm »
Many thanks. I never recall customizing anything at KLAX, but sure enough I did find an APPDATA ini from 2015, and after removing it, the jetways are present and working.

I do have one additional question about KLAX. All the gates are labeled "Ramp GA". At all my other airports, the gates are labeled as  Gate heavy, Gate Medium etc, to allow choosing an appropriate parking space size for the airplane. Why does FSDT KLAX not have specific labels?

Thanks,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 11:25:00 am »
I do have one additional question about KLAX. All the gates are labeled "Ramp GA". At all my other airports, the gates are labeled as  Gate heavy, Gate Medium etc, to allow choosing an appropriate parking space size for the airplane. Why does FSDT KLAX not have specific labels ?

This has been asked and answered so many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16266.msg116211.html#msg116211

jpadron09

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 02:24:50 am »
Hi -

I keep reading this but I can't seem to figure out the jetway problem.
Yes I see I have to remove some .IN but where is this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 09:37:17 am »
Yes I see I have to remove some .IN but where is this.

The file location has been discussed multiple times, in this same thread and it's:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX