Author Topic: KLAX Update  (Read 4352 times)

ianj844

KLAX Update
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »
I am very happy to see KLAX was updated with SODE. I was wondering if it would be possible to get some small AFCAD updates as well. For instance, American has added an extra gate at terminal 4 where their shuttle operation used to be no giving them gates 46 A, B and C. Gates 43 and 45 were moved to allow gates 41 and 43 to gate 777 on the gate at the same time. Also the gates at TBIT where renumbered and no longer match the numbers in the scenery.

downscc

Re: KLAX Update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:42:07 pm »
The gate needs renumbering list is longer than that.  Terminal 1 SWA gates that number from 12A to 18B RW are still your old 1-12B and there is nothing correct at the Bradley Intl Terminal.

I am trying to rely more on your AF files than my modified by ADE, but I still need to modify a few push back paths such as gate 41 where your klax.ini file has a left pushback position that ensures the aircraft tail will be inside the terminal building.  Since I need a node or apron path modified to use GSX for pushback I'm not yet ready to start using your AF files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:20:30 am »
We had another update today, with all gates at TBIT renumbered.

NMahinK

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:50:06 am »
I downloaded the latest installer, the TBIT still has the old numbered gates. But the new sode jetways do show

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 12:53:36 pm »
There's wasn't any need to download the latest installer, which hasn't been updated with the renumbered gates so, it had to rely on the Live Update to download the fixed gates.

Try running the Live Update again, sometimes it takes a while before your local update server gets the updated files.

jalbino59

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
Hello again, thanks so much for the KLAX refresh. I don't want to sound spoiled or entitled but I do have one question.  The jetway models seem to be the FSDT default SODE models in GSX2 and still require user intervention to line up the bridges with the buildings. Now I'm not complaining since these can of course be modified fairly easily. But I was a bit surprised that they are no LAX specific ones such as you provided with LSGG. Maybe something went wrong with my live update attempts? Thanks again.

Edit, I searched a bit further and found my mistake. (the .ini and exlude xml and bgl files). Thanks again for the new look LAX. The shadow work looks great!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:02:39 pm by jalbino59 »

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 07:53:26 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you for the updated TBIT gates. What are the chances of getting a minor update to the other changes myself and another poster highlighted such as at Terminals 1 and 4?

ianj844

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 05:11:39 am »
Umberto,

The updates to Terminal 1 are greatly appreciated. Any timeline on when we might see the updates listed above for Terminal 4?