Author Topic: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**  (Read 12863 times)

CaptKornDog

Re: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:37 pm »
What should folks with GSX Level 1 do?  I have not purchased Level 2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:23 pm »
What should folks with GSX Level 1 do?  I have not purchased Level 2.

As clearly explained everywhere on the website, and also on the Live Update message that suggested to download the latest GSX in order to get the latest updates, Level 2 features are always FREE to use at FSDT airports.

hargetnj

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 11:57:17 pm »
So here's the deal, I have jetways showing BUT anytime i try to dock to the aircraft, it gives me a "No jetway can operate at this position"error. why?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 01:26:47 am »
So here's the deal, I have jetways showing BUT anytime i try to dock to the aircraft, it gives me a "No jetway can operate at this position"error. why?

Likely because you haven't parked in the correct position, which is the one signaled by the GSX marshaller.

cirvine11

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 07:28:44 pm »
I bought KLAX V2 some years ago. And I enjoyed it greatly.

Last year there was an update, which upon completion, made the jetways invisible.

I have read the thread. I should go into the appdata and remove the .INI file to remove the AFCAD changes I made.

Actually- I’m not understanding why 1) I should have to do this when I was perfectly happy with the product I purchased and 2) who gave you the authority to- in effect- remove those jetways from the product I bought without alerting me that would happen?

I don’t have time to roam around looking for the .INI file. I was perfectly happy with my product before the update and simply want it restored to the product as I purchased it. Surely you have a method to do this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 03:16:24 pm »
Last year there was an update, which upon completion, made the jetways invisible.

No, the update improved all jetways, by replacing the bugged default jetways with the superior SODE jetways. The jetways didn't disappear because of the update, they disappeared because you made a GSX customization file BEFORE GSX could add custom jetways so, your file is taking precedence over the one we supplied with the update.

If we removed YOUR file without asking, jetways would appear, but you would likely complain about the update killing your work. That's why we don't automatically remove it, and instead we EXPLAIN what to do.

I have read the thread. I should go into the appdata and remove the .INI file to remove the AFCAD changes I made.

Yes, you should do that. What kind of changes you made ? The .INI file that comes with the scenery is perfect for the scenery as it is now, so you must use that. You CAN further customize it, but you must start from our latest customization that takes into account the new jetways and the new GSX features which weren't available when KLAX was initially released so, I'm fairly sure you won't have to make much changes to it.

Actually- I’m not understanding why 1) I should have to do this when I was perfectly happy with the product I purchased and 2) who gave you the authority to- in effect- remove those jetways from the product I bought without alerting me that would happen?

We have every right to IMPROVE the product with:

1) Jetways more reliable and better looking.

2) An airport closer to real life. KLAX has many gates with 2 and even 3 jetways, which weren't possible with the old system, but they work now.

I don’t have time to roam around looking for the .INI file.

This doesn't have any sense. The time to open this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

And remove a single file named KLAX-xxxxx.INI ( the actual name will change, since after KLAX, there will be some random characters )

Is surely WAY less than what it takes to write this post. And no, there's no way to go back to the old version.