Author Topic: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**  (Read 12858 times)

zain1291

KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**
« on: September 27, 2018, 07:21:11 am »
Hi FSDT,

I updated cautl today and now I only see one SODE jetway that I created manually before update. Rest of the airport is without any jetway. I did restore default from control panel GSX level 2.. didnt work.. I even re-installed KLAX again and ran live update, still same. What am I missing?

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1918/44030615885_b8c28337aa_k.jpg
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:35:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
This is normal, because we updated KLAX with SODE jetways and, for obvious efficiency reasons, we removed all the old jetways from the AFCAD, in order not to waste memory/cpu to load an Exclude for no reason (it's our scenery, so it's easier to just remove them instead of exclude them).

But since you already customized one jetway, it's the only one showing (the ones in the AFCAD are no more), because your own .INI file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, has an higher priority over our new .INI file in the Addon Manager\KLAX\scenery folder, so you cannot see our new customization.

Just remove your .INI, and the one we supplied for KLAX will take over.

Er!k

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:03:21 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have modified the Original AFCAD. Is it necessary to overwrite it now? Because the SODE jetways are not part of the AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have modified the Original AFCAD. Is it necessary to overwrite it now? Because the SODE jetways are not part of the AFCAD?

It depends what you changed.

If you just changed something like airline assignments or parking sizes, it's probably ok to keep using your own (as long as it's named like the original one, otherwise our customization won't work), although we refined lots of parking placements and sizes in this version.

If you changed/renamed/removed parkings, that would be a big mess, since some names might be the same of our customization, but referring to a different parking, some might not exists anymore, some might be moved, etc. In this case, I suggest to first try our new AFCAD, with its own customization, and see how it works.

And yes, we removed the jetways from the current AFCAD: it's a waste of resources having jetways in the .BGL, which will have to be removed anyway with an exclusion file. And, we also removed the library .BGL that contained the actual old jetway model, again for the same reason of being sure the sim won't even try to load something we don't need anymore so, having an AFCAD calling into these removed jetways might possibly put unnecessary strain on the system which will try to look for a model that doesn't exists anymore.

mikestout

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:13:22 am »
I have no gates at KLAX. I saw you response to the problem but, I don't know one ini file from another. I should not have to.
I own many of your airports, GSX and now level 2. The problem is that I am not flying I am working through the issues that
should have been worked out. I am sure you will delete this post. So my question is if I just delet Level 2 can I fly again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 12:31:50 pm »
I have no gates at KLAX.

I already indicated the solution in my previous post:

Your own .INI file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, has an higher priority over our new .INI file in the Addon Manager\KLAX\scenery folder, so you cannot see our new customization, which is required to see new jetways. Just remove your .INI, and the one we supplied for KLAX will take over.

I saw you response to the problem but, I don't know one ini file from another.

Their name starts with the ICAO of the airport the are related to so, if you have anything there that has a file name starting with KLAX, remove it.

I own many of your airports, GSX and now level 2. The problem is that I am not flying I am working through the issues that should have been worked out.

Are you suggesting we should clear YOUR .INI file that you made for KLAX, automatically ? It would be very wrong if we did that: suppose it took you days to create it, and we removed it automatically (which could a the way to "work out the issue"), what you would say then ?

I am sure you will delete this post.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. You must have confuse us with another forum. We don't delete any posts, unless they contain offensive language.

So my question is if I just delet Level 2 can I fly again?

You can't, because KLAX now REQUIRES GSX Level 2. How else the new jetways could be made otherwise ?

We made GSX Level 2 a requirement for these new updates for our older sceneries, is that you won't have to redownload the scenery installer again, which would be made unnecessarily large, just to include the *same* jetways and their textures over and over, in each installer of each scenery, which you would have to redownload and reinstall.

Instead, provided you install GSX Level 2 ONCE, you'll have the complete jetway library, which can be used by our updated sceneries with an extremely easy and fast Live Update, which will download, very quickly, only the small scenery configuration file (the .INI in our scenery folder), the new AFCAD and very few objects (if any) that required an update, without having to download the whole scenery installer again and reinstall it.

This time saving is repeated for all our sceneries so, the more sceneries you have, the more time you save by having GSX Level 2 as a requirement for our sceneries recently updated to SODE (like CYVR, KLAX, KJFK). GSX Level 2, of course, is entirely free to use at our sceneries. Consider it as a "FSDT common library", not unlike what other scenery developers do.

Just delete your .INI file for KLAX under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX. The file that starts with KLAX*, should be very easy to find...

mikestout

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:56 am »
Okay I went to AppData Roaming Virtuali GSX I see I have 3 airports there. Are you saying to delete the file that says
KLAX-7rub2i? The whole file? Sorry I dont know what an INI flie is.

I like watching the passengers get on and off the plane so Level 2 was worth the money just for that. Truth be told I wont fly
without GSX. I suck at the files and tweaking on any program so I rely on the things I spend my money on to work for me
with least amount of problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 11:54:19 am »
Okay I went to AppData Roaming Virtuali GSX I see I have 3 airports there. Are you saying to delete the file that says  KLAX-7rub2i? The whole file?

Yes, that's it. Just remove the file and restart Couatl (if the sim was still running).

Sorry I dont know what an INI flie is.

That's likely because you have Windows configured to hide extensions for known file types, so you only see the file name ( KLAX-7rub2i ) and not the .INI extension. But the real name of the file is  KLAX-7rub2i.INI

I suck at the files and tweaking on any program so I rely on the things I spend my money on to work for me with least amount of problems.

Well, in fact the problem happened because you *did* customized the scenery before. That's why you had an .INI file for KLAX there to begin with. But being your own stuff (not part of the KLAX installation), we don't touch it.

cirurgiao

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 05:19:04 pm »
it seems that I have similar problems.
Have GSX Level 2 + KLAX v2 + CYVR.
Trouble is that there is no KLAX.ini inside my %APPDATA%\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX.
There is a KLAX.ini inside Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAX-V2\scenery but also a different configuration inside ...\CYVR\scenery which make me wonder if I did something wrong.
Should I send a printscreen?
Tks

Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

mikestout

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 07:30:28 pm »
Thank you!

MIke

mikestout

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 05:48:43 am »
That was EZ. Thanks and sorry for being such a bitch.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 08:49:10 am »
Trouble is that there is no KLAX.ini inside my %APPDATA%\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX.

If you have GSX Level 2 and KLAX installed and you still don't see the new jetways, the only possibly reasons are:

- You DO have an .INI for KLAX in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX you made earlier. It's NOT called "KLAX.INI", but it has a random name that *starts* with KLAX. Like KLAX-xyzw.INI or something like this.

OR

- You haven't ran the FSDT Live Update.

OR

- You *have* ran the FSDT Live Update, but haven't allowed it to overwrite the updated KLAX AFCAD when prompted.

mikestout

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 07:37:45 am »
I have my gates now. Thanks instructions... Mike

glw03

Re: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 09:13:03 pm »
I did not make any changes to lax and I have no jetways showing up.  also, no jetways at jfk.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX - Only 1 jetway after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:11 pm »
If you have GSX Level 2 and KLAX installed and you still don't see the new jetways, the only possibly reasons are:

- You DO have an .INI for KLAX/KJFK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX you made earlier. It's NOT called "KLAX.INI", but it has a random name that *starts* with KLAX. Like KLAX-xyzw.INI or something like this.

OR

- You haven't ran the FSDT Live Update.

OR

- You *have* ran the FSDT Live Update, but haven't allowed it to overwrite the updated KLAX AFCAD when prompted.