Author Topic: No Sode Jetways Las V2 P3dv4  (Read 9321 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
No Sode Jetways Las V2 P3dv4
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:35:53 pm »
Topic is pretty self explanatory, been installing p3dv4 the last few days, got around to installing my fsdt stuff last night, installed everything i have purchased from you guys, and seems like everything is working at other sceneries and LAS but I have no jetways. Buildings and everything show up fine, I am also running orbx global, global vector, open lc na, I did have to run the airport elevation correction tool on las so Im not underground, currently running the latest version of sode, also have gsx installed and active, I do not have level 2 expansion, windows10. Sode, coutl, and addon manager all show up in the addon menu. Sode also works at den, and phx. Not sure whats going on here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Sode Jetways Las V2 P3dv4
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:17:55 am »
You must have an .INI file you made for KLAS earlier, before we updated it for SODE jetways, so it doesn't contain them and, since we also removed them from the AFCAD, your file, which is %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, is taking precedence over our NEW .INI file in the KLAS\Scenery folder, preventing to create the jetways we added there.

Remove your .INI file for KLAS here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:31:07 am by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:20:00 am »
I'll check those when I get home, but I literally did no tweaking to the scenery, just straight install and then boot the Sim to make sure it worked. I have a tweaked afcad I'd like to run, but I'm trying to figure the jetways first.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 12:25:07 am »
Sorry, disregard my previous explanation, KLAS doesn't use an .INI file to place SODE jetways and doesn't even require GSX Level 2 to be installed. Basically, you should always see jetways...

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:26:28 am »
Still remove the ini file from LAX?? I have gsx installed, level 1 is active and registered.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 04:32:07 am »
I mis-typed, it was KLAS and, as I've posted later, KLAS doesn't use an .INI file to create jetways. It only requires GSX (not even Level 2) to be installed.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 04:36:53 am »
So what do you do to suggest to get the jetways working?? I still have no jetways...

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 06:42:56 am »
Suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 06:52:50 pm »
I have no explanations for it. It simply cannot happen. Are you sure you are fully updated with everything ?

Do you have an .INI file for KLAS in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder ? If yes, remove it.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 11:37:53 pm »
I do not have an ini file there, I am up to date with everything. Currently I have fsx steam installed too, idk if that makes a difference. I also noticed that my stuff all is installed in the add-on manager folder in program files x86. Is that normal??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 12:10:41 am »
Yes, it's all normal. Do you have GSX installed too ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:25 am »
I do. I currently, am not running an anti virus, only windows defender, I'm gonna see if something being restricted there, and if not, do a full purge of fsdt.

Am I right during install to only select the option for p3d even though I have both fsx se and p3d installed??

No ini file either..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:51:32 am by bkircher »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 02:07:48 am »
Is gsx supposed to be added as an addon in p3d? if so it does not appear in the addon list in the game.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 02:09:13 am »
Is gsx supposed to be added as an addon in p3d? if so it does not appear in the addon list in the game.

No, it's not. You will see only the Addon Manager and the sceneries.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 02:12:28 am »
Copy. Thanks for that. I dont know what to do then, I uninstalled and deleted all leftover folders from fsdt in the program files folder, and the app data roaming folder, reinstalled gsx first, booted p3d, exited, then installed vegas, booted the sim and loaded the sim and still do not have any jetways. No idea whats going on when my sode jetways work at other airports.