Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410622 times)

yvesamuel

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #840 on: August 15, 2019, 05:10:30 pm »
Hi Javier,

I just went from EBBR gate 240. Could you have a look at the pushback at this gate. It's very "curious"

Thank's
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #841 on: August 15, 2019, 05:46:10 pm »
Hi Javier,
I just went from EBBR gate 240. Could you have a look at the pushback at this gate. It's very "curious"
Thank's
Yves
Hello Yves,
Well this is due to 2 reasons:
1. The fact that all V3 and V4 cartayna files were configurated using GSX PRIOR the v2.6 update, where you cant configure the pushback other than using the Afcad.
2. A very "curious"  ;) AFcad of the developer where there is a taxi line on the Afcad that does not exist in the ground. This is ok, except for the fact that this taxi line (2) does not cross with the real taxi line, there is no node there and if there is no node, that old method of pushbacks can not uste that line to drive the plane on such line. (1).
The result is that the plane is taken to a stop pushback position (3) using the existing taxi line.

There is no solution to this using the old method. There is only one way to fix this which is to redo completely all the configurations (v3, v4 and even v5's since this last are not tested 1 by 1)... This of course is something I have decided not to do for it takes over 50-100hours per mid-large size airports. This last update v2.6 has brought to us major improvements which by the way are not even over yet and they are still working on new methods to make gsx better and capable of doing things that until today we could not imagine, some  I cant even disclose for are not published yet and still being tested. Pushbacks is perhaps the biggest "operational" change in v2.6. The rest are "esthetic".  This is awesome for the user but makes my project completely imposible to manage, at least for free, for it will mean a full time job.  If this is done in the future (something called v6), is still yet to be decided, .. Today the answer is no. No v6 will be brought to this package.

For now, I am just aiming at taking this package to 100 configurations and then I will start deciding what to do with it. I did 1 v6 just to see how long it takes and it was completely unrealistic.

Cheers mate

yvesamuel

« Reply #842 on: August 15, 2019, 08:32:53 pm »
It's the only gate which causes problem. In fact, the AC just turns over itself, gos nearly back to his position, and then is push.
I do not care if it is not pushed on the line, but the complete turn (360°) is not nice at all.
I'll try do do something, but I'ù not sure I can...

Have a good evening
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #843 on: August 16, 2019, 08:11:53 pm »
*************   END OF OUR WEEKLY PUBLICATION OF CARTAYNA FILES  *************
                               Where every friday something new has happened!
Hello everybody,

I here leave you with this 85 configurations that have been done with lots of love and patience. I hope that you have enjoyed them during this last year that this project has lasted.  I do want to thank the inmense help that I have received from our friends at  www.SimMarket.com, and also Günter, the Chief Editor of this great digital magazine www.simflight.de. Without them, this project would have been impossible. Their genorisity in bringing us the sceneries in which to do the configurations has been critical... They are the only store and magazine in the Sim World who support projects of this nature to bring value to our Sim community. It was their initiative in the support of this weekly project that has made it last for so long. I would have liked to continue on this one-per-week scnery basis, but the time that doing this configurations is so huge, that unfortunately, I will not be able to continue. It has been fun while it lasted and the commitment of one configuration per week has been hard and successfuly delivered.    Nevertheless, if in the future i find something that is wrorth to be added, I would consider it, but as a whole the program has reached its conclussion. If you have liked this project, use their store, read Günter's magazine,... after all they are the best.

I have created a Facebook page, where in the future, if I find something that is worth sharing will be published there (but this will not be done in a weekly basis as I have been doing until today). This is the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364/

Their last scenery sponsored and added to our list is  KMEM - Memphis by FSDreamteam.  With many many technical dificulties in the developement of this configuration that had to be done from scratch 3 times, I say goodbye for now..

VERY IMPORTANT - THE LINK CONTAINING THE CONFIGURATIONS HAS BEEN DELETED AND CHANGED TO THE FACEBOOK GROUP (See above).

Take care, all the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:51:09 pm by cartayna »

yvesamuel

« Reply #844 on: August 16, 2019, 08:51:11 pm »
Once more, thank's a lot for your FANTASTIC JOB

Yves

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #845 on: August 16, 2019, 09:05:04 pm »

I here leave you with this 85 configurations that have been done with lots of love and patience. I hope that you have enjoyed them during this last year that this project has lasted.

Thank you so very much for all the work you've put into this project.  You've enriched our enjoyment of the platform significantly.   Best wishes in whatever you choose to do next!

-Tim

GCRR

« Reply #846 on: August 16, 2019, 11:00:01 pm »
Thank you so much Javier,

i´m using many of your configuration files and seeing the results, i can barely imagine the insane amount of work that goes into it !
You have my deepest respect and appreciation.
Good luck to you and hopefully we will see you again around here at some point.

Best regards,

Lars Stahmann

jonathan_f

« Reply #847 on: August 19, 2019, 05:49:56 am »
Javier,

Thank you so much for your work.... but what about those who don't have Facebook?

justadude

« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2019, 01:11:54 pm »
Javier,

Thank you so much for your work.... but what about those who don't have Facebook?

I am in the same boat. No Facebook. I would appreciate an alternative. Thanks

disco79stu

« Reply #849 on: August 19, 2019, 03:37:08 pm »
Quick question regarding LOWW (hope it's okay to aks here):

Is the mirror based parking guidance system actually/currently used in real life (i.e. stands F-)?
If so, how do they work? What do the red/green lights mean, when do I stop? I can't find any information irl or in the gsx manual....

Thanks,
Stu

Argonox

« Reply #850 on: August 20, 2019, 01:56:57 pm »
I love your work! But why are you forcing us to use facebook??? You know what Mark Zuckerberg and Co. is doing to us in case of privacy?
Please, please please consider a alternative to share your wonderful work.

mahaii

« Reply #851 on: August 20, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »
It#s a pitty--- I'm not using facebook. Cannot open any of these pages. So, non-facebook users cannot use your awesome work. Why did you move to a facebook-only-solution?

nordicman

« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
There isnt any other way to access those files? I hope we havent lost the legend permanently.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2019, 08:33:19 pm »
*************   LAST PUBLICATION OF CARTAYNA FILES  ***********
Hello everybody,

I published some days ago that this project, in this format, has reached to an end.

I have decided however that i would continue to add value to the Bunch but in another format that alllows me also to do it in another way. During this last year I have been centered more in giving you a minimum of a configuration per week plus giving you 24/7 support on this, trying and achieving to give such support with no more delay than 24h. 65,000 visits to the Bunch and 854 replies given.

I have nothing against this forum (and very much in favor of it) that has served this purpose and helped me and FSDT bring you all this configurations, but it does not suit the purpose of this new phase. Unfortunately not all of you have Facebook and will have to settle with the Bunch as last published with its 85 configurations. For some time I thought to leave it at that. In the past week I have decided that instead of letting it dye at this point, to take it to a Facebook Group that allows me to publish with out the self inflicted obligation of 1-per-week publication, but rather the oportunity to publish other stuff, using other means and that it made more sense to me. I insist that I am sorry to hear that not all of you have FB, but you must accept that this means is commonly used by other groups with thousands of members in it that use this channel to publish very interesting things and in a way that allow you to measure what does the group want or is interested in. Nothing like this can be achieved in a forum page. It has served its purpose but it has reached to an end.

So, for those of you that wish to follow this, I can only at this stage in time can humbly offer you the FB group, Cartayna Files where the database will be maintaned and every-once-in-a-while updated. Cant and do not wish to do that leaving the link unattended in a page where i do not explain what is being added or removed.

It has been fun to share this with you and FSDT this months.

For those who want to join the existing Facebook group, visit and ask to join at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364/ .  Your membership will be accepted, no questions asked.

Javier
Cartayna Files
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:35:19 pm by cartayna »

justadude

« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2019, 11:44:26 pm »
Since I did not know this change was coming, I never got to download the 85 configurations. I did not check the forums for like 10 days because I was on a holiday and the old link was gone. For me it came out of the blue without warning. Is it possible to simply reactive the old Dropbox link and let people download the configurations without a vote in what gets made or the promise of support?

Thank you.