Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414518 times)

p3dx3

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2019, 04:31:41 pm »
I did download yesterday... and just corrected the name now.
It's a pity you cannot use your files
Good evening
Yves
Yeap, the dynlights I made are pretty neat. it only takes to remove a cateogry of the exclusion of their Afcad that has no effect what so ever on the scenery and allows me to use my light libraries on it. And it took me ages since is a coautl scenery.
Such is life.

Thank you for yoru contributions to our hobby. I have one request at a different airport, Aerosoft LIMC. The pushback for the cargo ramps is just north on HA can you also allow us to push facing south?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2019, 06:00:52 pm »
I did download yesterday... and just corrected the name now.
It's a pity you cannot use your files
Good evening
Yves
Yeap, the dynlights I made are pretty neat. it only takes to remove a cateogry of the exclusion of their Afcad that has no effect what so ever on the scenery and allows me to use my light libraries on it. And it took me ages since is a coautl scenery.
Such is life.
hi there, if you mean pkgs 851-863 .. done. not tested, just configurated (that only in v6).

Thank you for yoru contributions to our hobby. I have one request at a different airport, Aerosoft LIMC. The pushback for the cargo ramps is just north on HA can you also allow us to push facing south?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2019, 04:37:02 pm »
*************   WELCOME TO CARTAYNA FILES  *************
Where every friday something new comes to our configuration files!
Hello everybody,

Some of you might remember that a few weeks ago I published the configuration for Tivat, a small, challenging and fun airport to fly to that I had a blast flying there under the radar of Mirtza, a faboulous controler of VatAdria. A week before this I had ready a small upgrade of some abanandoned sceneries by the disappeared SkyHighSim developers who left their products free to be shared and in a precarious p3dv2 condition. Due to the release of the very nice scnery of Tivat (LYTV) by Digital Designs, decided to abandon the publication of Tivat. On of their other developed scenery is Belgrade who for some odd reason none of our great developers today have paid any attentinon and left forgotten.  I have gone a little mad and made what I told myself was not going to do, a V6 freeware configuration of this LYBE scenery. This package comes with what a v6 is suppose to come plus a bonus, a moidified version of this p3dv2 scenery that now looks a bit closer to what you should expect in a p3dv4 (I say a bit.. dont get too excited). During the day, of course, the textures of the terminal and in general the whole scenery need a major job by someone more suited to this effect than me. At night on the other hand, you will be surprised. A V6 with a nice dynamic light configuration and some nice jetways will do the job... (although there is "real life gsx2 configuration" i prefer the all glass.. but I let you choose).  Logos, perfect pushbacks (v2.6 free flow-tested 1 by 1), vehicles, dockings, parking excel sheet, up to date Flight Charts, .. you name it.  As I mention the V6 pack come with a bonus, the modified scenery that you can find also in AVSIM. Mine however comes with added light poles using the same model of the scenery (very nice BTW) on places that my lights needed some,... and a modified Afcad to make everything perfect. Mirtza, this goes for you and your team of VatAdria.. hope you guys enjoy it. (I leave here a couple of snapshots so you can have a taste of it).  

I was suppose to bring you today, from our friends store www.SimMarket.com, and thanks also to our friends at www.simflight.de the configuration for a new scenery that I chose to be  KDEN - Denver, CO by Flightbeam.  Due to the ton of hours that Belgrade has taken me, I wont be able to share this with you today, but perhaps in a couple of weeks will be ready to go.. Will make a rare exception and add this in a new publication when is ready.. soon!  

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:41:51 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #813 on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:01 pm »
*************   WELCOME TO CARTAYNA FILES  *************
Where every friday something new comes to our configuration files!
Hello everybody,

Today is the turn to  KDEN - Denver, CO by Flightbeam brought thanks to the our friends www.SimMarket.com, and www.simflight.de.  This configuration I bring you, one of my favorite sceneries that by far brings the night fliying to its best experience as possible.  This developer is probably my favorite in terms of the use of textures and dynamic light. This last, makes night flying to this aiport as good as it gets. Not only because of its dramatism but also because they do have a great technique when it comes the time to do individual parking lighting but also they manage somehow to reduce the impact of their dynamico lights to 0 (at least in my pc). Due to the ton of hours that Belgrade has taken me, I wont be able to share this with you today, but perhaps in a couple of weeks will be ready to go.. Will make a rare exception and add this in a new publication when is ready.. soon!  

I hear that the moment of the release of KORD is around the corner, I don't know if you have seen the latest videos that have been shared lately, what I saw today, left me astonished. Judge for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEYSUpgTcE

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #814 on: August 10, 2019, 04:54:32 pm »
First, thanks for All the work you put into these projects.   I am really enjoying your work with LYBE.  I did notice one discrepancy, the ILS facilities (stock) are missing the DME.  I added them using ADE but thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to modify your AFCAD file.

Best wishes,
Tim

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #815 on: August 10, 2019, 07:01:26 pm »
First, thanks for All the work you put into these projects.   I am really enjoying your work with LYBE.  I did notice one discrepancy, the ILS facilities (stock) are missing the DME.  I added them using ADE but thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to modify your AFCAD file.

Best wishes,
Tim
Hello Tim!

Really? did not check it, thought they were all ok. i will review all navaids today and republish. thanks mate

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #816 on: August 11, 2019, 02:10:11 am »
Don't go crazy... based on the charts, the stock ILS won't let you put the DME in the right place anyway.  It appears that the DME transmitter for the ILS is colocated with the GS Antenna (so that your DME readout shows distance to the landing threshold rather than the far end of the runway).    While I added DME using ADE, I haven't yet figured out how to adjust the lat/long for the DME to put it where I want it.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #817 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:45 am »
Don't go crazy... based on the charts, the stock ILS won't let you put the DME in the right place anyway.  It appears that the DME transmitter for the ILS is colocated with the GS Antenna (so that your DME readout shows distance to the landing threshold rather than the far end of the runway).    While I added DME using ADE, I haven't yet figured out how to adjust the lat/long for the DME to put it where I want it.
Hi Tim,
Don't you worry, I have passed way beyond the point of going crazy years ago. I was inmeresed in something really crazy and did not wanted to switch tasks in case I runned the risk of not knowing what i was doing when returned. Managed to make a break in that project and made the new afcad with all the possible navaids you might need for this field.  Please test it for me since I am running short of time to do so myself. If it works I will show you the trick on how to do it in case you need it one day.  Did not add the outer and med marker for I believe those are not needed anymore in the AFcads.
LYBE has been updated in the link, but i here also add the new Afcad with all this goodies in it. New Afcad link (just the Afcad): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bkKhBxq8Sr94WTIisAQ?e=FgNBOp

I also leave you here a txt (which is really an xml file) that has all the added navaids with their freq and all relevant data, please confirm that my freq are up to date, you never know. the rest is 100% precise.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:13:36 am by cartayna »

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #818 on: August 12, 2019, 03:14:38 am »
Hi!

Love all the navaids you added, but the issue still remains that the localizers for ILS 12 (YUB 110.3) and ILS 30 (YBE 109.9) are supposed to have DME functionality as well.  And the lat/lon for the DME transmitter should be colocated with the GS transmitter, rather than the localizer, so that the DME readout reflects the distance to the touchdown point.

I suspect the way to accomplish this is to add the new ILS with DME for each runway, then go in and edit the underlying XML to change the DME location, then compile from there.  I'm going to try that.

Edit:  After reading forums for ADE for a while I'm not sure this is possible, because I want to use the same frequency and ID as the stock navaids.   Perhaps I can add JUST a DME for the ILS.   Anyway, it's not worth worrying about... probably better to have NO DME than to have the DME in the wrong place so that the readings don't match the charts.

-Tim
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:28:12 am by Timothy Metzinger »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:52 am »
Hi!
Love all the navaids you added, but the issue still remains that the localizers for ILS 12 (YUB 110.3) and ILS 30 (YBE 109.9) are supposed to have DME functionality as well.  And the lat/lon for the DME transmitter should be colocated with the GS transmitter, rather than the localizer, so that the DME readout reflects the distance to the touchdown point.
I suspect the way to accomplish this is to add the new ILS with DME for each runway, then go in and edit the underlying XML to change the DME location, then compile from there.  I'm going to try that.
Edit:  After reading forums for ADE for a while I'm not sure this is possible, because I want to use the same frequency and ID as the stock navaids.   Perhaps I can add JUST a DME for the ILS.   Anyway, it's not worth worrying about... probably better to have NO DME than to have the DME in the wrong place so that the readings don't match the charts.
-Tim
Silly me, you explained it perfectly the first time, yes, indeed, the only way to do that is to compile with the option to do it in xml format, then open a frexh ADE and build from the edited xml file where you copypaste the lat/lon of the ils.. is this what you wanted? attached pics and new afcad. let me know if it works.

ha5mvo

« Reply #820 on: August 12, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »
Hi,
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but in the LYBE cargo terminal as well as the JAT technical areas I get just black spots instead of the buildings that were supposed to be there.
Perhaps there are some library files that I'm missing??

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #821 on: August 12, 2019, 05:23:49 pm »
Hi,
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but in the LYBE cargo terminal as well as the JAT technical areas I get just black spots instead of the buildings that were supposed to be there.
I dont think, so. I do not use objects from libraries (the ones that are from SkyHighSim I could swear i placed them in the scenery and texture), and to make sure you guys get the same result as i do, i pack the folder of the modified scenery after finnishing.. Tim, do you have the same problem?
I will check with a friend that installed it later on. 
(a capture of that always helps)
cheers.

ha5mvo

« Reply #822 on: August 12, 2019, 05:59:48 pm »
Those are the areas I was referring to. I remember some hangars were present where that cluster of black rectangles is.
Again, there's a good chance that its me doing something wrong, though I really don't know what...

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #823 on: August 12, 2019, 07:11:10 pm »

Silly me, you explained it perfectly the first time, yes, indeed, the only way to do that is to compile with the option to do it in xml format, then open a frexh ADE and build from the edited xml file where you copypaste the lat/lon of the ils.. is this what you wanted? attached pics and new afcad. let me know if it works.

Not quite, though this gave me what I think is the solution.  The DME needs to be colocated with the GS in order to give the proper readouts.  So, what I did was:
1 - open the ADE BGL, and convert the ILS to ILS/DME for each runway, leaving the placements alone.  (as you noted in your post)
2 - Compile this to a new BGL and XML file
3 - Edit the XML file to set the DME locations to match the GS locations for each ILS
4 - Open a new project using the edited XML file as the source.   Compile this to a new ADE BGL file

Going to test that this evening... in the middle of a long flight at the moment.  I'm hopeful - the compiled XML file from step 4 has the right data in it, so it didn't get overwritten.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #824 on: August 12, 2019, 07:12:31 pm »
Hi,
I dont think, so. I do not use objects from libraries (the ones that are from SkyHighSim I could swear i placed them in the scenery and texture), and to make sure you guys get the same result as i do, i pack the folder of the modified scenery after finnishing.. Tim, do you have the same problem?
I will check with a friend that installed it later on. 
(a capture of that always helps)
cheers.

Will check tonight, but I didn't notice any issues when I flew in there.  And I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed.