Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410289 times)

bhorv67

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #795 on: July 18, 2019, 11:22:20 pm »
Appreciate very much!

Can I ask - once your modifications have been made, is there any issue running the FSDT live updater tool?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #796 on: July 19, 2019, 12:03:01 am »
Appreciate very much!
Can I ask - once your modifications have been made, is there any issue running the FSDT live updater tool?
I dont understand, are you asking that if the updater could affect my KDEN configuration if you do an update of GSX2 with the FSDT live updater? If this is the question, absolutely not.  There has been just one incident in one of my configurations (and not precisely on the gsx configuration but in the dynlights that i created for a FSDT scenery KLAX. That issue has been solved the next day it was published by publishing a Cartayna installer of dynamic lights that is the dynamic lights folder. Thus, 1. KDEN is not from FSDT but from Flightbeam. 2. My KDEN configuration will not bring any dynamic lights since this scenery already comes with a very nice one by default.

Hope this clarifies your question.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #797 on: July 19, 2019, 12:20:59 pm »
*************   WELCOME TO CARTAYNA FILES  *************
Where every friday something new comes to our configuration files!
Hello everybody,

As you know from last week, during the summer Cartayna Files will be also doing small airports that a nice vehicle configuration is a must since this airports tend to have the default configurations on the way of your aircraft.  Also dockings are place where suited and the new system of pushbacks is implemmented as to have perfect pushbacks on parkings that this is offered. So, today, from our friends store www.SimMarket.com, and thanks also to our friends at www.simflight.de this week we add the recently released LGIR - Heraklion/Iriklion, Greece by Justsim.

Yesterday I published the new chapter 8 of pushbacks that replaces the old one:
Also created a new chapter 9 that explains the easy new way of creating logos. I was not going to do this last for FSDT has yet to finnish the way logos look on the jetways. The sizes of these have to be perfectioned by Umberto & co, for some logos show, as you know from previous v.2.5 very very small and the result in such is not nice at all. In others such as the nose loaders, logo sizes tend to fit nice and you are capable of actually reading text, pictures and so forth.  Available here:

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

bhorv67

« Reply #798 on: July 19, 2019, 04:38:47 pm »
Appreciate very much!
I dont understand, are you asking that if the updater could affect my KDEN configuration if you do an update of GSX2 with the FSDT live updater? If this is the question, absolutely not.  There has been just one incident in one of my configurations (and not precisely on the gsx configuration but in the dynlights that i created for a FSDT scenery KLAX. That issue has been solved the next day it was published by publishing a Cartayna installer of dynamic lights that is the dynamic lights folder. Thus, 1. KDEN is not from FSDT but from Flightbeam. 2. My KDEN configuration will not bring any dynamic lights since this scenery already comes with a very nice one by default.

Cheers.

Thanks- my question really only applied to the FSDT airports you've made modification files to (KCLT and KJFK I believe). Apologies for the confusion.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #799 on: July 19, 2019, 06:42:39 pm »
Appreciate very much!

Cheers.
Thanks- my question really only applied to the FSDT airports you've made modification files to (KCLT and KJFK I believe). Apologies for the confusion.
Ok, then dont worry, FSDT updater does not affect any configuration file (.ini's). the only thing you can't add or remove to a FSDT scenery are files within its scenery or texture folders. Thus if you add my dynlights for KLAX, use the installer and follow instructions.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #800 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:35 pm »
*************   WELCOME TO CARTAYNA FILES  *************
Where every friday something new comes to our configuration files!
Hello everybody,

Today, from our friends store www.SimMarket.com, and thanks also to our friends at www.simflight.de this week we add a scenery  by FSDreamteam CYVR - Vancouver, Canada.  I thought that being an FSDT scenery the gsx job was going to be easier and in result it has been one of the most complex for the pushbacks  in this airport are pretty complex to design using the new method. Just the pusbacks alone for this scenery had to be tested one by one (many of the several times till the result was perfect) for the results they yield were not good.  This new fully tested method will only be aplied in the future in V6 files and not quite sure you are going to see anymore of this in the future for it takes way way to long to do, for if you add this to the rest of the configuration a v6 takes over 100hrs to do. As to not to confuse you anymore and not sure I will do any v6 files, I will leave it with a v5 name.  I also tried to bring you a Dynamic Lights configuration for this airport, for as you know by now, FSDT does not have any on its scneries and you have seen what a difference is in its airports at night in the prior release KLAX v5 a few weeks ago. This dynamic light configuration has been a nightmare since doing a FSDT dynlight configuration takes 5 times more than a usual scenery due to the fact that is a Couatl scenery and when you  place the lights using P3D software you are not able to see the terminal and it becomes a nightmare of trial and error excerise. After the full completion of the dynlight configuration, I then realized that 30% of the parkings did not worked for the AFcad of this scenery has some exclusions to external libraries in its parkings.. Great. I tried to get FSDT to give us a chance to share or fix this problem and was not capable of doing so. Sorry for this and is a pitty for the work and installer was ready to be shared. CYVR at night is not as great as by day due to this lack of this essential dynlight. At day is fantastic and really worth the purchase.  The scenery is developed around 2012 and the aiport in real life has suffered major 2billion USD renovations that differs from what you see today in your charts, so you kind of have to be able to surf around this issue, for parking numbers have nothing to do with what you see in the charts. I have added a couple of jetways in areas that did not have any in 2012 and do have today. Have changed the parking categories to Small, Medium, Heavy for the default Afcad name is still using the old "parking GA" category that does not help much, this is only in the .ini file and not in the Afcad that i cant share with you, so when you use the "Goto" menu on your Sim, you will still have the old "GA" names, but at least when landing you can select your correct parking size using the gsx menu. To help you chose the parking in the "Goto" menu, you can find this parking configuration and cateogires in the v5 parking list that comes with a v5 package in .xls format. Bridges have been added for when it was CYVR developed, i believe FSDT did not have any on their sceneries, a glass version with today's ariport logo is added to the Glass version.  The metal version comes with a mixture of glass and metal for in real life, since this is one of those rare airports that mixes the use of this materials on its jetways.  I hope you enjoy it since it has been a hell of a job.

New tutorials available for chapter 8 (new pushback system) that replaces the old one. See here:
Also created a new chapter 9 that explains the easy new way of creating logos. I was not going to do this last for FSDT has yet to finnish the way logos look on the jetways. The sizes of these have to be perfectioned by Umberto & co, for some logos show, as you know from previous v.2.5 very very small and the result in such is not nice at all. In others such as the nose loaders, logo sizes tend to fit nice and you are capable of actually reading text, pictures and so forth.  Available here:

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

vrouleau

« Reply #801 on: July 26, 2019, 07:53:24 pm »
IniBuild was done CYVR DL:

https://www.inibuilds.com/dl-canada

/Vincent Rouleau

vrouleau

« Reply #802 on: July 26, 2019, 08:14:14 pm »
Sorry, I'm was simply highlighting that we can use the inibuild DL along your GSX adaptation script. You mentioned in you post that had not gotten around to doing them for CYVR

All of your work is highly appreciated by all.

Thank you for all your work
Vincent Rouleau

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #803 on: July 26, 2019, 08:26:08 pm »
Sorry, I'm was simply highlighting that we can use the inibuild DL along your GSX adaptation script. You mentioned in you post that had not gotten around to doing them for CYVR

All of your work is highly appreciated by all.

Thank you for all your work
Vincent Rouleau
ignore my stupid comment then.. sorry for the misunderstanding. i have removed it as to not feel even more stupid when I read it.
Ok this is the issue with the Dynlights. I have tried most of theirs and even most of the developers when started the research on lighting, since this last is one of my obsessions in real life, and I hate the way innibuilds and most of the developers treat dynlights in airports for they are either unexisting or saturated burning the textures of your plane when you position the plane under them.
In the case of Innibuilds, they do a dyn light that i believe they do not place a light on top of each parking (if they did, theirs too would be excluded in thos 30% of parkings), but high above creating large areas of ilumination that in my opinion they are a. not real for lights do come from somewhere. b.you cant control the light on such a large surface for you will end up with certain areas with way too low light and others burnt out by saturation which is their case in most of their configuarions. Better than nothing? big time in the case of CYVR.
I spent a lot of time studying the kelvin light temperatures of real life bulbs used in real life airports to create a huge catalogue of lights that i try (say try since in the case of FSDT is almost impossible) to place in the actual place of the bulb in the lamp post close to the plane's parking, give the correct orientation, depth, color, intensity, angle ect.. (i believe that there is close of 1 trillion possible combinations), as to try to dyniamicly affect the plane in the correct orientation.
I hope that FSDT gives me the permission to share the configuration that I have made, removing the ALL exclusion of placing objects (bulbs in my case from my library) in CYVR, or update their AFcad getting rid of libraries in the scenery. It would be funny if they did not, since after all what is GSX but not an addon to place objects in a scenery altering the original product.
Thanks for your generosity in not sending me to hell with my comment.
Cheers.

yvesamuel

« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2019, 09:09:56 pm »
Hi Javier,

When I lok at yous CYVR ini file, I have a relation with this file : CYVR_ADEP4_Cartayna.BGL But where is it???

Thank's and good evening
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #805 on: July 27, 2019, 09:12:18 pm »
Hi Javier,
When I lok at yous CYVR ini file, I have a relation with this file : CYVR_ADEP4_Cartayna.BGL But where is it???
Thank's and good evening
Yves
Hi Yves! did you download that today? because that was an error since i could not share my Afcad.. i corrected the ini files yesterday. please redownload or just enter the name of the default AFcad which is CYVR_AP.BGL.
Cheers mate.
Javier

yvesamuel

« Reply #806 on: July 27, 2019, 09:54:07 pm »
I did download yesterday... and just corrected the name now.
It's a pity you cannot use your files

Good evening
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2019, 01:50:16 am »
I did download yesterday... and just corrected the name now.
It's a pity you cannot use your files
Good evening
Yves
Yeap, the dynlights I made are pretty neat. it only takes to remove a cateogry of the exclusion of their Afcad that has no effect what so ever on the scenery and allows me to use my light libraries on it. And it took me ages since is a coautl scenery.
Such is life.

Matty21

« Reply #808 on: July 30, 2019, 03:18:14 pm »
I’ve done this and now lost my jetways

webranger231

« Reply #809 on: July 30, 2019, 03:26:04 pm »
Any way to change the banners on the gates so they are specific to the airline parking slot?  I am using the glass gates for FlyTampa KLAS.

Thanks