Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410219 times)

grandfred29

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #765 on: July 04, 2019, 11:04:50 am »
good day Cartayna :)

I need your help

i partially resolved an old and my last problem with gsxl2, the first time i installed gsxl2, addon manager was under program files x86, now i install it on D:\ ... and it s better
the problem now is exclude doesn't function

EGCC manchester like EDDF from your config, i have the new jetway over the static or default jetway
Gsx control panel seems to be good but in the game it s not.
Any advises?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #766 on: July 05, 2019, 08:56:02 pm »
I need your help
i partially resolved an old and my last problem with gsxl2, the first time i installed gsxl2, addon manager was under program files x86, now i install it on D:\ ... and it s better
EGCC manchester like EDDF from your config, i have the new jetway over the static or default jetway
Any advises?
Hi Grandfred, i am not sure i understand at all what is your problem. write me an email and make some captures of the sceneries that do not work. with what you are giving me, i would need a glass ball to find out.! LOL.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #767 on: July 05, 2019, 09:45:12 pm »
*************   WELCOME TO CARTAYNA FILES  *************
Where every friday something new comes to our configuration files!
Hello everybody, today is a special day in Cartayna Files, plenty to share!

As you guys have noticed, the huge upgrade (v2.6) has arrived.  After Umberto and his team hard 6 months of work,... is here and the result is astonishing. A few months of beta-testing have been fun but very exhausting. After the release i decided to reinstall GSX2 from scratch to make sure i did not left any rests of this months of beta testing.. and had to reset my whole pc, for i must have done something really wrong.. probably updating W10, p3dv4.5 and other stuff, killed my system. Thank god i make backups of my whole system and drives every 15 days and work mostly in the cloud.

Anyways, Cartayna Workshop has been incredibly busy getting this 2 huge and outstanding sceneries in the new V5 and V5"D" version, as well as getting the new tutorials ready, this last will be released in the next couple of days or so. So lets get to the point.

To start, this week brought to us by www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de I add my very first V5 "D" (D stands for Dynamic lights configuration). For this purpose, I wanted to choose a nice scenery to dedicate this to, so what better could it be than our beloved FSDreamteam group to do so...  KLAX - Los Angeles by FSDreamteam.  And V5? what does it stand for? Basically is a V4 where i have completely worked each and every pushback using the latest technic of "no-snap-to-Afcad" that has been released in this latest 2.6 update. Most of you probably do not know the difference and i will explain that in detail in the soon to be released chapter of the tutorials dedicated to this. Basically it allows you do do a sort of free flow pushback that is not dependant on the Afcad that has driven us (at least me) crazy.  With this we can now do pushbacks extremely realistic and in places that we could not even dream to this date.  KLAX was an excellent choice for this, for it has plenty of dead-end terminals where turning the plane using the Afacd was impossible in many of its gates. All this is solved.
The only inconvenient is that it takes a huge amount of time, since you have to actually do the pushback twice: 1 to design and 1 to test.. yeap, each parking (that is if you are good at it). As you can imagine in a scenery such as KLAX is a LOT.  Also a V5, brings a custom made logo chosen for this airport. I have been working while beta testing this last few weeks, creating a huge texture library (over 400 as of today), that I will keep on adding to new scenery releases. Among them you will find all sorts of crazy things for those of you that enjoy a little creativity in this configurations.  A v5"D" comes with a whole newly designed instructions that give you an idea of what is to expect.  

Regarding the Dynamic Lights, i have been secretly working for the last 3 months on this project, studying light in sceneries from scratch. Light is my 2nd passion with aviation.  Have been consulting with a great developer, Christian Bahr  (www.bahrometrix.de) who has added some Light Pole textures and objects to my libraries. Have been studying light temperatures of different real life light bulbs used in real life airports... a lot of interesting information that helped me achieve something that i wanted to bring you. Specially since i started to see some configurations released by other developers who killed completely the textures of the planes by oversaturating with too much light and resulting in a terrible effect. Cartayna Dyn Lights as you can see in KLAX will not alter by any means the textures of your planes, and the objects around you but will bring a realistic light wash over the body of your plane and parking that I am very proud of.  Hope you enjoy it, since believe it or not, it has taken me hundreds of hours to create a catalogue of over 80 different light bulbs that will be available for this and future "D"configurations.

Next, something that many of you have been very persistent in requesting. A better EGLL - London Heathrow (Aerosoft). I wanted to bring you a v4 on this, but since I had information on the release of the v2.6 upgrade that would require me to do this largest scenery in the market, again, decided I would not have enough time to do it, so waited patiently for this release to do a radiant new EGLL V5 for you guys. As you well know EGLL is really 12 configurations in one, and is by far the largest configuration (each) in our GSX world for it has WAY TOO MANY PARKINGS! lol.  AND yes, each and every one of them, parkings, gates, docks, have a brand new PUSHBACK that has been designed with our new GSX2 v2.6. huge job.

So, for now, this is IT. Hope you enjoy it. Next week I am going to do something TOTALLY DIFFERENT. GSXwise, nothing great, but veryveryvery much needed. Is a scenery that has NO jetways and is probably one of the 10 most fun places to fly to.  Also, since we are so lucky in our Vatsim world, as to have one of the best controllers I have seen (even in the real life) that makes flying to that place a real fun adventure that is AWESOME to do with a bunch of friends, to make it this way even more challenging.  You problably know allready which airport, but I will tell you in detail next week.

Have a great week. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:20:34 am by cartayna »

mickham29

« Reply #768 on: July 08, 2019, 02:20:39 pm »
Hi I have installed your files for KLAX 5 but unfortunately I ran the FSDT live update and it removed them all?
Any way around this,or do I just have to run the process again?
Regards
M.Hamilton

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #769 on: July 08, 2019, 03:07:07 pm »
Hi I have installed your files for KLAX 5 but unfortunately I ran the FSDT live update and it removed them all?
Any way around this,or do I just have to run the process again?
Regards
M.Hamilton
Hello M!
yeap, it removes my dynlights. (only)
yeap, noticed it yesterday. unfortunately if we dont do a different installation, it will always happen the same.
Yes, there is a way around it and is with an installer i have designed for this problem.
follow the NEW instructions on the new folder of the cartyna files created for the dyn lights. but is extremely easy.
1. run both installers (a. libraries ..this you only have to do it once... b. klax). you will see in the installers that you only have to tell the installer where is your sim root directory.
2. add as if it was a scenery in your sim the Cartayna Dyn Lights folder...

and voila! it will stay there forever. to uninstall there is an uninstaller in that cartayna dynlights folder within your Addon scenery folder. just press uninstall and is gone.

cheers.

p.d. please do me a favor. go to your effects folder, look for the word cartayna and you will find 66 or 69 files. delete them before installing this 2 installers. and if you are so kind, let me know if it works for you. it does for me.
enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:09:15 pm by cartayna »

bhorv67

« Reply #770 on: July 08, 2019, 05:39:36 pm »
Hi - I'm new to this page on FSDT (Just found it, wish I had a while ago)

First, thanks so much for compiling all this into one place.

As my first try at using your GSX files, I downloaded both KMSY and KCLT (I only fly in the US for now). I followed the instructions to the letter (as far as I know), and when I get into the sim at KMSY, the graphics are going crazy! flashing all kinds of strange things on the screen, I can't see anything out of the plane window because of the flashing.
prior to installing your files, all my airports have been working just fine.
Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #771 on: July 08, 2019, 08:04:09 pm »
Hi - I'm new to this page on FSDT (Just found it, wish I had a while ago)

First, thanks so much for compiling all this into one place.

As my first try at using your GSX files, I downloaded both KMSY and KCLT (I only fly in the US for now). I followed the instructions to the letter (as far as I know), and when I get into the sim at KMSY, the graphics are going crazy! flashing all kinds of strange things on the screen, I can't see anything out of the plane window because of the flashing.
prior to installing your files, all my airports have been working just fine.
Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks
hello! glad you found us. I have never ever heard of a reaction of a .ini file like yours. ever. and i think i have heard and solved most of them. if you set my .ini file to .off and go to the Addon Manager menu on the sim and do a restart couatl, what do you get on your scenery? does it get fixed?
cheers.

bhorv67

« Reply #772 on: July 09, 2019, 01:56:52 am »
I think this is a coincidence. I happen to install you .ini file and the scenery is having some issues. I just installed your files in KCLT and KJFK, and all working well.

I had the same issue at KMSY some time ago, but it was resolved. This was the first time I've used KMSY is a while, so I think the problem is related to something else, yet unknown.
Appreciate the reply.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2019, 08:10:29 am »
I think this is a coincidence. I happen to install you .ini file and the scenery is having some issues. I just installed your files in KCLT and KJFK, and all working well.
I had the same issue at KMSY some time ago, but it was resolved. This was the first time I've used KMSY is a while, so I think the problem is related to something else, yet unknown.
Appreciate the reply.
yes i thought so, since gsx is quite uncapable of causing such problems. i am glad to see is all well now.
cheers.

srcooke

« Reply #774 on: July 09, 2019, 12:08:52 pm »
p.d. please do me a favor. go to your effects folder, look for the word cartayna and you will find 66 or 69 files. delete them before installing this 2 installers. and if you are so kind, let me know if it works for you. it does for me.
enjoy!

Installed following your instructions Cartayna all appears to be fully functional.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:15:38 pm by srcooke »
Regards
Stephen Cooke

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #775 on: July 10, 2019, 05:23:30 pm »
enjoy!

Installed following your instructions Cartayna all appears to be fully functional.
Many thanks.
fantastic. thanks for the info.

grandfred29

« Reply #776 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:51 am »
thanks for this V5  :)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:13:17 pm by grandfred29 »

srcooke

« Reply #777 on: July 11, 2019, 11:36:04 am »
thanks for this V5

The only problem i found is for KLAX because when you run fsdt update tool, it put original files instead of yours.

Have you reinstalled as per the post HERE
Regards
Stephen Cooke

grandfred29

« Reply #778 on: July 11, 2019, 11:49:41 am »
thanks for this V5

The only problem i found is for KLAX because when you run fsdt update tool, it put original files instead of yours.

Have you reinstalled as per the post HERE

thanks Scrooke

grandfred29

« Reply #779 on: July 11, 2019, 12:12:33 pm »
I need your help
Any advises?
Hi Grandfred, i am not sure i understand at all what is your problem. write me an email and make some captures of the sceneries that do not work. with what you are giving me, i would need a glass ball to find out.! LOL.

yes sorry i prefere speak and write in french...

so i have put a screenshot of what i can see gate 215 at manchester, i have two jetways at the same time, nothing have change since the first time i installed your files until i update GSXL2. Before i don't have the problem and now i have old and new jetways together. The oly case that i have no problem is when the jetway come from sode.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:00:38 pm by grandfred29 »